Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Thanks Hatophile, RBH and Gordon! I am looking towards next year as the time when I will launch the site. I have over 300 hats, but I think I am just going to debut about 100 to get the site up and going and post a new picture about once a week or every other week to keep the interest going. I am so excited! The biggest challenge is thinking up backgrounds to take each picture for all 300+ hats but I have some ideas that I am exploring. I can't wait!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Hatophile, RBH and Gordon! I am looking towards next year as the time when I will launch the site. I have over 300 hats, but I think I am just going to debut about 100 to get the site up and going and post a new picture about once a week or every other week to keep the interest going. I am so excited! The biggest challenge is thinking up backgrounds to take each picture for all 300+ hats but I have some ideas that I am exploring. I can't wait!

Looking forward to it. I might have to hide it from my wife though in case she gets ideas :D

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Geez, just returned from antique shop excursion around town, and there are a whole bunch of gorgeous little stingies for very small heads, at 6 7/8. Dobbs, Resistol, and one amazing little bone colored Stetson Sovereign derby with a tiny brim.

Only one purchase for me though, a nice 3X OR with a tad of moth tracking on the crown and "last drop" liner. Pics coming later.

qb6n.jpg

8tw4.jpg

0b2e.jpg

je4n.jpg

pcor.jpg

Not sure I'll keep this one, as it is a bit snug at size 7.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Lee All American

I was sorta hoping from the auction pics that this Lee All American would be a much lighter tan, closer to that lovely bone (?) color rlk just posted, but I'm happy with the milktoast hue nonetheless.

This is a very "everyday" kind of hat, by my perspective. No frills, which surprises me from the usually extra stylish Lees. It's a nice quality felt, but certainly nothing buttery or beaverish. The factory blocked C-crown is perfect, and reminds me of the beaver brand hat I own that originally had the very same crease. Sweatband is narrow, but good quality, and the 2 1/2" brim is adorned with thin matching binding. The medium brown 3/4" ribbon/bow is made from good solid run o' the mill grosgrain.

All around it's a very nice hat. I steamed and sanded a few stains away, and gave it a good brushing. Sometimes simple is profound.

4n3b.jpg

1hnj.jpg

ekt9.jpg

7qis.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Bates Hatter of of London

This one arrived in the morning mail. Not sure of its age. It's been worn quite a bit, but the fur is in very good condition for all the use.

I'd like to have a new sweat installed and the fedora cleaned. Is there anyone among the regulars who does this line of work?

Thanks!

Last edited:
1950s era Montecristi/ Brodts Hat Factory, D.C.

071813_2.jpg

071813_1.jpg

The hardest thing about wearing an optimo blocked panama is getting the center crease centered.
Hottest day of a steamy week... starting to feel a little limp.

Last edited:
Nice one anyway Alan. And nice finds to Robert, Jeff and Orangegrad too.
1i41.jpg

Royal Deluxe Stetson. This is the second of these with the small corded ribbon I've gotten in the last few months. The first is dark brown and the fur is very pliable. This one's fur has a firmer feel to it.
qmq6.jpg

This one is similar to another I have, it has a khaki color and an Army green band.

Both are 6 7/8, may need a tad bit of stretching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace