Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RJR

Hat-Stetson- 150th Whippet 2.jpg
[/ATTACH]
Hat-NW Hats-Rust&Cactus Green.jpg

New Whippet in cognac/green.I like the colors but if I were to do it over I'd get the rust/cactus from Mike at Northwest Hats just because of quality.

Picture30.jpg

The lighting is crappy, I apologize. I'll post more tomorrow when I have some natural light. The color to my eye is very close to the pic above of the binding. The fit, despite my angst, is very good. Am I satisfied? Shoot, no, not considering the wait. :( Am I happy? I'm squeeing like a schoolgirl who got asked to the dance by the quarterback.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Jim I love it!!!
Damn you look great.... Can't wait to see more pics.
Looks worth the wait to me even if it doesn't feel like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Got this in the mail today. Also posted in German and Austrian Hutmachers.

f27ee2e605626f59c2fa50509f630fb8.jpg
b7d9149247938ab6d31a27d9e119555a.jpg
d54cf8a6c3365045bf1dc5f575c766f6.jpg
7d0fe7579fb6b480b381105bdd5697ee.jpg

Super soft velour. Beautiful green color. Nice fit. 4" crown as bashed, 2 3/8" brim. Should have come with this liner.

3a20bdbe2b8528a45d06de52f39296e1.jpg

Hopefully the seller will send the liner soon.
I'm beginning to wonder how many green hats are too many...or just not enough!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
A bit of good news, in the ebay pic showing the liner (that the seller just informed me she's looking for) there is a dark spot visible on the sweat behind the Lembert crest. That was the word or name "FUER" written in ink marker. I was able to get it off with just a little goof-off on a q-tip. On closer inspection of the felt it looks like the hat has had this bash so long the velour is worn in a very noticeable line around the crown when creased differently. Not noticeable otherwise. Just a slight bummer, as I like this bash, but options are always nice.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I fear the velour may be worn, but I will give it a better inspection in natural light and a deeper steaming later today. Hopefully my initial assessment was wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner