Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

foamy

A-List Customer
When you asked this question, it had a C-crown (pix above). Right now, it has a center dent (WHAYWT thread). It hasn't yet decided what it wants. I'm still working with it.
Sing out when you know. I'll be looking for tips and pointers (and taking a look at Moon's again) as I'm expecting one this evening when I get home from work.

Read about your "wait" and decided to pay a little extra to JJ Hatters, seeing as how they have the color I wanted in my size and in stock. They're the only online hatter I've seen that stocks them. We'll see.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Sing out when you know. I'll be looking for tips and pointers (and taking a look at Moon's again) as I'm expecting one this evening when I get home from work.

Read about your "wait" and decided to pay a little extra to JJ Hatters, seeing as how they have the color I wanted in my size and in stock. They're the only online hatter I've seen that stocks them. We'll see.

Got mine at JJ

What color did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they seem to carry them in stock - not the Light Gray, though. DelMonico's 15% Christmas sale is enticing, though. I just went over to JJ's site. Interesting they won't take the Stetson Holiday Coupon codes.

foamy

A-List Customer
I don't have a brown lid except for a short brimmed, telescope Champ which I rarely wear, so my "grail" was a dark brown Whippet, which I will likely never own. You had mentioned in another thread about the Stetsonian being the most "Whippet-like" of the current crop of Stetsons (I value your utterings) and ordered the mink—same as yours if I'm not mistaken.

How did/does the crown on yours shape-up?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I don't have a brown lid except for a short brimmed, telescope Champ which I rarely wear, so my "grail" was a dark brown Whippet, which I will likely never own. You had mentioned in another thread about the Stetsonian being the most "Whippet-like" of the current crop of Stetsons (I value your utterings) and ordered the mink—same as yours if I'm not mistaken.

How did/does the crown on yours shape-up?

shapes up wonderfully

the felt is soft and takes a dry bash very much like my vintage hats

it has that kind of felt that you could poke with a finger and the dent stays ... ya know what I mean ... it dents and keeps those beautiful wrinkle lumps ... I love that

you're going to love it

I threw sort of a loose diamond in first and wore it for a day ... later that night while looking at the hat I could tell it wanted a center dent

so that is what it currently has ... and where it will probably stay ... nice and high

foamy

A-List Customer
Dang. Now I'm really looking forward to getting home. I hope that the tracking is correct. Thanks!

"it has that kind of felt that you could poke with a finger and the dent stays ... ya know what I mean ... it dents and keeps those beautiful wrinkle lumps ... I love that"

I've been noticing that on the old TV shows (Andy Grifith, in particular) where fedora wearing is commonplace. It's like you grab a handful of hat, shove it into shape and run with it. Miamibruno has it down pat. I'm noticing more of your pinches are coming out like that as well.

The missus is getting tired of me pointing out the crowns, pinches and hats in old movies and TV—she thinks I'm a bit daft, but loves me anyway.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Dang. Now I'm really looking forward to getting home. I hope that the tracking is correct. Thanks!

"it has that kind of felt that you could poke with a finger and the dent stays ... ya know what I mean ... it dents and keeps those beautiful wrinkle lumps ... I love that"

I've been noticing that on the old TV shows (Andy Grifith, in particular) where fedora wearing is commonplace. It's like you grab a handful of hat, shove it into shape and run with it. Miamibruno has it down pat. I'm noticing more of your pinches are coming out like that as well.

The missus is getting tired of me pointing out the crowns, pinches and hats in old movies and TV—she thinks I'm a bit daft, but loves me anyway.

I often watch old movies and old shows strictly for the hats

if you have NFL Network catch the "Paul Brown - A Football Life"

you will lose your mind

I was pausing the show and taking pictures of the TV screen.... my wife thought I was nuts

there is a small taste of what I'm talking about here

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000563412/A-Football-Life-Paul-Brown

I often watch old movies and old shows strictly for the hats

if you have NFL Network catch the "Paul Brown - A Football Life"

you will lose your mind

I was pausing the show and taking pictures of the TV screen.... my wife thought I was nuts

there is a small taste of what I'm talking about here

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000563412/A-Football-Life-Paul-Brown
Paul Brown is a local fellow from Massillon, Ohio. He's a legend in these parts.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
ladies and gentlemen I present to you the "Moon Dog 1"
officially named by the man who did the conversion for me ... our very own DOGMAN

Chuck did an absolutely wonderful job and I could not be happier with it

from the gorgeous bow to the custom liner... I am extremely happy with the outcome

head shots to come ... and more photos here at the Conversion Corral

conversion_2.jpg

conversion_3.jpg

conversion_4.jpg

conversion_5.jpg

conversion_6.jpg

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
ladies and gentlemen I present to you the "Moon Dog 1"
officially named by the man who did the conversion for me ... our very own DOGMAN

Chuck did an absolutely wonderful job and I could not be happier with it

from the gorgeous bow to the custom liner... I am extremely happy with the outcome

Wow, great hat!!

verdeo

New in Town
Ok, finally got a chance to take some pics in good light.

Brim up, it even has a classic, 1920s look to it. This is a hat, my friends. A very good one.

Hey, Fruno,

Must be a great week for Delmonico! Two hats arrived here today..a Stetsonian in Tawny and an Excellent in Sage. I have been following your saga with your order with great interest and am thrilled that your Stetsonian finally arrived!

I am thrilled with my two hats so far..although the Stetsonian, at first glance has a small white spot on the upper side of the brim. I will be patient as you decide what bash to got with ultimately with yours as I am new to this...and can't decide what to do yet. The Excellent seems to be good with a center bash or a c bash...while the Stetsonian really has a nice tall crown...and I'm not sure what will work best.

Regarding sizing: I have been very concerned with my head size...being rather large and sort of LO, with Borsalino's requiring me to go to 62 with an Allessandrias to 63 with a Como. The Stetsons really work well as a 7 5/8's so far for me, with a recent Racine fitting very well and these two being very comfortable or even slightly roomy at this juncture. So, the advice on the forum in ordering down is probably really good.
I'm really occupied tonight but will try to get some photos soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass