Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Scored a pair of 50's Hatter's wide ribbon Cav edge lids in their original box.

d6ad695b8e6a84a47c7bf512a531002b.jpg

264c2b7e77364aff30023e665658c10c.jpg

fde2e5ea93541f7e846a1a0fcb9a590e.jpg

ed282211bf310cb77a1c1402af128607.jpg

- Andrew

This is a very SPECIAL find, right here. Good living? Karma? Being in the right place at the right time, or just for being a good friend? Whatever the reason, you SCORED! Any tags under the sweat? Style-wise, they look very 40's.

stetsonofagun

One of the Regulars
This is a very SPECIAL find, right here. Good living? Karma? Being in the right place at the right time, or just for being a good friend? Whatever the reason, you SCORED! Any tags under the sweat? Style-wise, they look very 40's.
They were made to order in 1956. I have the original box and paperwork posted above.

- Andrew

Never toss that paperwork away. The date wasn't a question to me, as you have so well presented all the documentation. My guess is that the ol' fella ordered them as he liked them, and he obviously liked nice, full tall crowns and a wide brim, based on the specs on the invoice. I'd bet he was not young when these were ordered, and he spec'd them to his "era." But that just postulating. FABULOUS lids, and that's a FACT!!

stetsonofagun

One of the Regulars
Never toss that paperwork away. The date wasn't a question to me, as you have so well presented all the documentation. My guess is that the ol' fella ordered them as he liked them, and he obviously liked nice, full tall crowns and a wide brim, based on the specs on the invoice. I'd bet he was not young when these were ordered, and he spec'd them to his "era." But that just postulating. FABULOUS lids, and that's a FACT!!
Dr. James Jeter was born in 1908 and died in 1987. His wife, Antonette, was born in 1915 and died in 2009.

- Andrew

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Don't feel bad , I started to make Alan's joke , but ... didn't , then he did . I thought it was funny even though I knew . Packages have trouble getting to me with addresses on them . But Robert (Bob) Hemingway , he is well known . I called a place in NYC and the guy knew him without me saying his name . Great Guy ! ... I always think of crazy jokes and funny stuff (some might not be funny to others , but...) . I mean well . Just humorous ... .

I'm excited to see the head shots and the finished product ! It looked Beautiful Esther in the pictures , I know even better in person . You'll probably get more wooly hat orders , too , I think fuzzy hats will make a come back this winter . Yours are Great !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran