Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RJR

Brand new Vintage Silhouettes from Art Fawcett in SIlvermist with burgundy/navy/white bow highlights. I LOVE it. More info in the VS Hall of Fame thread. Wish I could take better pictures....

i-DRXbdqz-XL.jpg
That's a real beauty.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
A local find from this morning. A second bowler and my first hat with a United Hatters of North America tag.
P1210032 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I does, unfortunately, have some serious issues.
P1210033 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1210034 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It has a broken brim on one side, though all parts are attached.
P1210045 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
But it's my size.
P1210042 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1210048 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1210047 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
My second and last find of the day,
P1210035 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
A rather dirty liner in this
P1210036 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Portis Club Quality
P1210037 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
With a Swansback finish.
P1210039 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Also my size.
P1210040 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It has some serious ribbon issues, but the felt seems undamaged and is very thin and buttery.
P1210051 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Typically American it says on the tip. Is that a Portis trademark? 2 or 2 1/8" brim, 4 3/4" crown with a decent amount of bash in it.

Is it a blessing or a curse?

MIchael

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Portis Club Quality
With a Swansback finish.
Also my size.
It has some serious ribbon issues, but the felt seems undamaged and is very thin and buttery.
Typically American it says on the tip. Is that a Portis trademark? 2 or 2 1/8" brim, 4 3/4" crown with a decent amount of bash in it.

MIchael
I've really been enjoying your suits as of late Michael.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great finds, Michael! I like that Portis.

Harv - I think I'm going to like the Portis. It feels good on the head. I did a little clean up on it tonight and I think it's good to go except that it needs a replacement ribbon. I'll probably wear it now and then as is in any case. I like that it has no taper in the crown at all.

I've really been enjoying your suits as of late Michael.

Thanks Roger. I like wearing suits and sport coats. And have built up quite a collection of them in the last year or so. Besides I need to get some use out of the massive tie collection I've put together. Ha ha. I'm looking forward to the next few months of cool weather. And maybe even some of the cold weather.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael, the hats and suits are great!
Thanks Fed Oregon. Today was the first chance I've had to wear the suit I had on in these pictures. I really like it.

I was surprised when the derby showed up at Goodwill today. Pity it's damaged. Hard to find info on Hudson, but they were being distributed exclusively by Freeman Bros in 1897 and it seems like they may have been making women's hats in 1922. So my guess, and it's only that, is that it's pre-1920 manufacture.

Michael

Portis Club Quality
With a Swansback finish.
Also my size.

MIchael

A BLESSING! Michael I think most of us are enjoying your finds almost as much as you do!

My high School art teacher, with whom I am still in touch, assembled a collection of sport coats, suits and topcoats so that he had one of each for every day of the year. I think he began when I was a student in his class. He (still) has a very understanding, if not devoted wife, and a massive, well-organized third-floor attic in his home. He's currently working on distribution of these collections.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
SPLENDID, Fed!! Super sweet color, but make sure your little hands are clean when you grab the brim. WOW-za!!
Thanks! I know about the light color... I'm a little bit paranoid about getting it dirty, but still looking for an excuse to wear this one. Maybe a little sun tomorrow!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
A BLESSING! Michael I think most of us are enjoying your finds almost as much as you do!

My high School art teacher, with whom I am still in touch, assembled a collection of sport coats, suits and topcoats so that he had one of each for every day of the year. I think he began when I was a student in his class. He (still) has a very understanding, if not devoted wife, and a massive, well-organized third-floor attic in his home. He's currently working on distribution of these collections.
Man, he must have one big house because those topcoats take up a lot of room. Was there a hat for every day too? And did he wear them on the same date every year? I probably have two or three months covered now, but I'm thinking it's time to start downsizing the collection. Except for the hats.

Michael

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
So regarding the Dobbs fifteen I just scored. The crown is pretty tall still with the teardrop crease. How easy would this be to rehash a little lower giving it a deeper teardrop crease?
Here is view from back. Listing has crown height at 4 3/4"

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 113

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183