Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
So regarding the Dobbs fifteen I just scored. The crown is pretty tall still with the teardrop crease. How easy would this be to rehash a little lower giving it a deeper teardrop crease?
Here is view from back. Listing has crown height at 4 3/4"

You'll have to wait to get it before that question can be answered. Given the apparent age and style of the hat, I'm guessing a 5 1/2" open crown, meaning you'll have something to play with. You can always go low - it's getting that high crown that can be a challenge.

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
You'll have to wait to get it before that question can be answered. Given the apparent age and style of the hat, I'm guessing a 5 1/2" open crown, meaning you'll have something to play with. You can always go low - it's getting that high crown that can be a challenge.
Yeah you are right. I am really excited about this one.

RJR

Agreed.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
This is the Cavanagh Homburg I picked up from NewJack via ebay. At 7-3/8 LO it fits like perfectly... not that all 7-3/8 LO hats fit me. It's been hit or miss until now.

i-5qSSbBF-L.jpg

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
Hi gentleman. One more question about the fedora. That 5 1/2" open crown sounds right. The listing had the brim at 3 3/4". I think this was a typo and the brim is really 2 3/4" or there abouts. But maybe the seller has it right and this is going to be one shady brim. Would 2 3/4" be about right for this era and crown height? This will be the widest brimmed hat I own outside of my two westerns.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Hi gentleman. One more question about the fedora. That 5 1/2" open crown sounds right. The listing had the brim at 3 3/4". I think this was a typo and the brim is really 2 3/4" or there abouts. But maybe the seller has it right and this is going to be one shady brim. Would 2 3/4" be about right for this era and crown height? This will be the widest brimmed hat I own outside of my two westerns.
No chance that is 3 3/4
2 3/4 I'm sure it was a typo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff