Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uhu

Familiar Face
I have been searching for a fedora like Bogart's and I finally found one. I have been wearing a pendleton wool fedora for a couple of years now, but I have never really been satisfied with the look.
hat_zpsf001a85e.jpg

Here is my new hat. A vintage "Parkshire" from thr B. R. Baker men's store in Cleveland Ohio.
hat1_zps91c9a24a.jpg

hat2_zpscc3c3de1.jpg

hat4_zps7f616320.jpg

hat3_zps6fbab3f9.jpg

And I ave been very happy with the results!
DSCF0227_zps469d74ae.jpg

Thanks to all the members here. I gained a lot of useful information for my search from lurking on these forums.
About 4 years later, the Parkshire changed hands via eBay. I'm the new owner and very happy with it. It appears Lizardberry changed the creases slightly by sharpening them up, but they look good and I've left them as-is. Very fine hat, has an early (pre-1950s?) look and feel to it and I'm very happy to have it. I wore it for a self portrait I made in PS, and I took it out for a spin today. Definitely one for the favorites pile.

dkparkshirePainting.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Finally getting around to posting this one. Its been around for several days. I've been wanting a Stetson 100 for some time and they rarely come up in my size. After looking for several years for an OR, two pop up in about ten days. I am officially outa the market place for awhile.
Congratz. I would love to have an 100 but the one I want seems to never ever been made.

About 4 years later, the Parkshire changed hands via eBay. I'm the new owner and very happy with it. It appears Lizardberry changed the creases slightly by sharpening them up, but they look good and I've left them as-is. Very fine hat, has an early (pre-1950s?) look and feel to it and I'm very happy to have it. I wore it for a self portrait I made in PS, and I took it out for a spin today. Definitely one for the favorites pile.

View attachment 70504
Like the hat, really like the self portrait. Looks like a publicity still for a 1940s or 50s movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21