• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Lucky her!
    For you, not so much.
    I like that one Bob!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. Classic! You take care of her well. She gets one new hat and you qualify for two!

Zombie_61 likes this.
  3. My wife's antiquing runs toward jewelry and glass, particularly uranium glass. A few years ago, she began collecting these glass tomahawks, made by the Cambridge Glass Company of Cambridge, Ohio. She has a bunch of them, in various colors. She goes for little animal figurines, too.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

4. Thanks fellas. I like your attitude Red! (seems like it is about a 5 to 1 ratio of hats for me though)

Zombie_61 and FedOregon like this.
  5. Couldn't pass it up, I love the color and I think it's a good buy. I paid a C-note delivered. Can't wait to get it. The photos are ebay. Thought I would run it by you folks and see what you think. Also hoping for information as to how old it might be, It's a Beaver Brand. Diamond in the rough?...

Latigo

pb2snap.jpg pbsnap.jpg pb6snap.jpg

6. Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Michael R., Rogera, dh66 and 12 others like this.
  7. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

8. Thanks Bob!

Michael R. likes this.
  9. Nice find Latigo. There are a few of those posted around the forum. You'll see them in different brandings, but they all fell under the Langenburg Hat Co / Beaver Brand family (Beaver, Lion, Thoroughbred, etc.). I have one that is currently living with Hurricane Jack that was branded Lion Hats. Haven't had my hands on it yet, so I can't speak to the quality. It was too small for me, but I couldn't pass it up at $20 either.

I really like the color of yours. Congrats!

10. @BobHufford Thanks Bob! I really like the color of yours too! I'm really into earth tones. $20.00! And I thought I was doing good....
    I can't wait to get it to see what kind of quality it is. I do know it's going to need some work. This picture shows the sweat and you can see that the sweat appears to be OK, but the reed looks like it's shot. A little beyond what I would attempt to do myself. (replace the reed).

Latigo

Reedsnap.jpg

Michael R., Bamaboots, dh66 and 5 others like this.
  11. Nice color.

Michael R., Zombie_61 and Latigo like this.
  12. It's hard to get a rand...

13. I was very happy to get it for $76. I've passed up a few in that range, but usually they are much higher. Seems like feathered hat bands hurt your sale value...

14. @Latigo -- this is the similar sweatband on mine (that lives with Jack).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Michael R., Bamaboots, Rogera and 5 others like this.
  15. I know...
    Feathered hat bands... it's something that... doesn't live here.

16. @BobHufford Wow Bob it looks mint! At $20.00 you must be living right!

Congrats on the Rand too.

Latigo

Michael R. and Zombie_61 like this.
  17. Thanks Latigo!

If I was living right the hat would fit me. Just "collecting" it at this point (I have one or two like that).

Michael R., Latigo and M Hatman like this.
  18. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

This came in today from fellow lounger @moontheloon :

What a sweet hat! Portis Tissue Weight, grey, with medium violet undertones. I tried to crease this to a diamond and when I put it on my head it went right back to this c-crease. Soft, velvety felt; a joy to handle and mold... Thanks, Moon! My first thin ribbon fedora!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

looks great on you Doug
    enjoy it ... that is one hell of a hat
    Portis sure did it right

... and that crease always seemed to be what the hat wanted so I left it ... I'm sure with some steam and TLC she will take what you want ... that felt is wonderful to work with

Michael R., M Hatman and Zombie_61 like this.
  20. Looks great on you Doug!

Michael R., M Hatman and Zombie_61 like this.