Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Stetson 1900 Exposition Medal longhair finish. Monochrome silver gray and black but with purple notes in the logo print, piping on the silk liner and the sweatband bow. Condition is remarkable. I bought this expecting it to be too small but it is a generous 6 7/8 and large enough for me to wear. I will post additional photos once its vacuumed and steamed and brushed.

expo1900_1.jpg

expo1900_2.jpg

expo1900_3.jpg

expo1900_4.jpg

No words...

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
20171023_180120.jpg
37180059294_aff14a83e8_z.jpg
20171023_180120[/url] by RabbyTat, on Flickr[/IMG]
script>

I just received a new Tablelands in green. Nice hat, but very stiff and lots of dangling threads. Like the dimensions, but the crown was not pleasing at all. Needed a lot of warm water to soften and take back to round on the Hatshaper. Then a new crease and a few hours of wearing while damp so it shrunk to fit properly. The down turned brim makes it easier to get a long oval to stay - even being a stiff hat.

Happy with it so far. Just need to replace the hat band. Not thrilled with it either, but then I change a lot of things on hats.

Fed

(And I could not get Flickr to work so I uploaded the photo. Are all the photo sharing sites becoming difficult to deal with?)

Last edited:
37180059294_aff14a83e8_z.jpg
20171023_180120[/url] by RabbyTat, on Flickr[/IMG]
script>

I just received a new Tablelands in green. Nice hat, but very stiff and lots of dangling threads. Like the dimensions, but the crown was not pleasing at all. Needed a lot of warm water to soften and take back to round on the Hatshaper. Then a new crease and a few hours of wearing while damp to get it to fit properly. Shrunk to correct size in a while of wearing.
Happy with it so far. Just need to replace the hat band. Not thrilled with it either.

Fed

(So now Flickr is not working either? How does anyone share photos anymore?)
Post them off of your hard drive. Use upload a file button. I gave up on these photo sharing sights a while back.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I agree. I wouldn't mess with the history unless something was terribly wrong with the original. But that's just me. I reckon' that folks should do what makes 'em happy hat owners.

I thank everyone for their opinions and the history lesson. It has all helped me to make a decision.

I went and looked up some ads for the Game Bird (and often along with it, the Field & Stream). They did, indeed , come with different ribbon treatments.

One ad, in particular, this one:

97c2168f777ce4c8fdb6f81113f3fe01.jpg

shows the felt ribbon my hat has. But more importantly, there is a handwritten date on the lower right, putting this ad in 1939. That 'timestamp,' along with the uniqueness of the ribbon treatment (as mentioned), and the pristine condition of the hat, has persuaded me to leave it as is.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Me too, and it gives me hope there's something out there for me to find.

But Justin's mad skilz are really p*****g me off! Damned whippersnapper out there pulling the pre-WWII felt and showing them off here.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Haha, I scour the lands far and wide to find what I can. I've been after pre-50s hats since I began wearing, so a few years of finding what works and what doesnt seems to have paid off somewhat.. my wallet would disagree though

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I just received a military Akubra slouch hat from David Morgan, but instead of the expected military 7-pleat puggaree it came with what looks like a pale green commercial puggaree.

What gives?

(By the way, the box they shipped it in was badly crushed. Miraculously the hat survived unscathed but I'm leery of ordering from them again).
It's how those hats are sold...sadly.

This is a real good seller and has the original item.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/381423108402

I have bought from him and he has original Aussie Army items, the price is darn fair.

He also has the Pug in black

5a2f65175e8358264336704ee375c699.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 1900 Exposition Medal longhair finish. Monochrome silver gray and black but with purple notes in the logo print, piping on the silk liner and the sweatband bow. Condition is remarkable. I bought this expecting it to be too small but it is a generous 6 7/8 and large enough for me to wear. I will post additional photos once its vacuumed and steamed and brushed.

expo1900_1.jpg

expo1900_2.jpg

expo1900_3.jpg

expo1900_4.jpg
Darn Alan... What a beauty...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925