Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
From the same seller and also sold by Sools, Paris.

Fléchet Chauvac heather felt fedora in grey. Size 58, but also seems closer to size 57. Overwelt brim at 5,5cm and the crown at 10,5cm in front. This one seems very determined to hold on to its teardrop shape, so who am I to argue?
Lovely heather felt and a nice shark gill bow on the ribbon, but that does need replacement since it's quite dirty. Underside of the brim has some nibbles, but because of the heather felt they hardly show. No label inside the hat.

flechet chauvac_01.jpg
flechet chauvac_02.jpg
flechet chauvac_03.jpg
flechet chauvac_04.jpg
flechet chauvac_06.jpg
flechet chauvac_07.jpg
flechet chauvac_08.jpg
flechet chauvac_09.jpg
flechet chauvac_10.jpg
flechet chauvac_11.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Last one from the same seller, who seems to have shopped at Sools only.
Mossant de Luxe fedora in grey, called "gris Australien" on the label. Size 58, but like the others closer to a size 57 I think.
Raw edge brim at 5,5cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. Lovely quality hat as one would expect from Mossant and Sools.

View attachment 580182 View attachment 580183 View attachment 580184 View attachment 580185 View attachment 580186 View attachment 580187 View attachment 580188 View attachment 580189 View attachment 580190 View attachment 580191
Some great new additions, Stefan. The ribbon and bow treatment on the Panizza Dobbs is very eye catching.

I particularly like the Mossant de Luxe. A simple, classic looking hat from one of the French hat making masters.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I have accumulated a fair number of hats ready to be placed in the Lounge
Durit HUCK 5.jpg
Brand: Huckel
Durit HUCK marchio marocchino 1.jpg
Felt type or finish: Durit
Durit HUCK etichetta carta 1.jpg
Size 5 1/2 or 58 cm in Europe or 7 1/4 in the US. The size is probably between 57 and 58 considering the age.
Durit HUCK 2.jpg
State of preservation: fantastic felt, worn sweatband and non-existent lining, lost during the life of the hat.
Durit HUCK 7.jpg
Age of the hat: it was probably made between the 1920s and 1940s, but Steve (mayserwegener) will be able to date it much more precisely, given his enormous experience and his unique collection of Central European felts.
Durit HUCK 88.jpg
Considerations: the hat is a magnificent example of Huckel manufacturing in Czechoslovakia. The felt has a gorgeous color and is beautifully preserved. The ribbon is good, but, like the sweatband, needs work to be ready to use.
Durit HUCK interno 1.jpg
The lining must be put back in new condition to have a rare hat to find in this color and state of preservation.
Durit HUCK 66.jpg
The measurements of the Huckel - Durit are: the raw finished brims measure 5.5 cm, the ribbon matching the color of the felt is 4.5 cm high and the open crown is 14.5 cm

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Along with the Huckel Durit came an older brother at least in my considerations on its age
Novo HUCK 77.jpg
Novo HUCK marchio marocchino 1.jpg
Felt type or finish: Novo - Velour
Novo HUCK etichetta carta 1.jpg
Size 5 1/2 or 58 cm in Europe or 7 1/4 in the US. The size is probably between 57 and 58 considering the age and condition of the sweatband
Novo HUCK 88.jpg
State of preservation: fantastic felt, worn sweatband and lining lost over the long journey of the hat over time.
Novo HUCK 33.jpg
Age of the hat: it was probably made between the 1920s and 1930s. Steve (mayserwegener) certainly helps as he has many more elements to date it, considering his enormous experience and his unique collection of Central European felts. I will never get tired of repeating it
Novo HUCK 11.jpg
Considerations: the hat is a magnificent example of Huckel manufacturing in Czechoslovakia, after being founded during the Habsburg Empire. The felt has a gorgeous color and is beautifully preserved. The ribbon is better than the previous one, but requires, like the sweatband, the work of a hatter or loungers capable of expertly handling the hat in order to be worn in its magnificence.
Novo HUCK interno 1.jpg
The lining must be put back in new condition to have a rare hat to find in this color and state of preservation.
Novo HUCK 55.jpg
The measurements of the Huckel - Novo are: the raw finished brims measure 6 cm, the ribbon matching the color of the felt is 5 cm high and the open crown is 14.5 cm

I have accumulated a fair number of hats ready to be placed in the Lounge
View attachment 580471
View attachment 580472
Felt type or finish: Durit
View attachment 580473
Size 5 1/2 or 58 cm in Europe or 7 1/4 in the US. The size is probably between 57 and 58 considering the age.
View attachment 580474
State of preservation: fantastic felt, worn sweatband and non-existent lining, lost during the life of the hat.
View attachment 580475
Age of the hat: it was probably made between the 1920s and 1940s, but Steve (mayserwegener) will be able to date it much more precisely, given his enormous experience and his unique collection of Central European felts.
View attachment 580478
Considerations: the hat is a magnificent example of Huckel manufacturing in Czechoslovakia. The felt has a gorgeous color and is beautifully preserved. The ribbon is good, but, like the sweatband, needs work to be ready to use.
View attachment 580476
View attachment 580480
The measurements of the Huckel - Durit are: the raw finished brims measure 5.5 cm, the ribbon matching the color of the felt is 4.5 cm high and the open crown is 14.5 cm
A beauty!

Along with the Huckel Durit came an older brother at least in my considerations on its age
Novo HUCK 77.jpg
Novo HUCK marchio marocchino 1.jpg
Felt type or finish: Novo - Velour
Novo HUCK etichetta carta 1.jpg
Size 5 1/2 or 58 cm in Europe or 7 1/4 in the US. The size is probably between 57 and 58 considering the age and condition of the sweatband
Novo HUCK 88.jpg
State of preservation: fantastic felt, worn sweatband and lining lost over the long journey of the hat over time.
Novo HUCK 33.jpg
Age of the hat: it was probably made between the 1920s and 1930s. Steve (mayserwegener) certainly helps as he has many more elements to date it, considering his enormous experience and his unique collection of Central European felts. I will never get tired of repeating it
Novo HUCK 11.jpg
Considerations: the hat is a magnificent example of Huckel manufacturing in Czechoslovakia, after being founded during the Habsburg Empire. The felt has a gorgeous color and is beautifully preserved. The ribbon is better than the previous one, but requires, like the sweatband, the work of a hatter or loungers capable of expertly handling the hat in order to be worn in its magnificence.
Novo HUCK interno 1.jpg
Novo HUCK 55.jpg
The measurements of the Huckel - Novo are: the raw finished brims measure 6 cm, the ribbon matching the color of the felt is 5 cm high and the open crown is 14.5 cm
Two fantastic finds, Daniele. I'm actually glad they're not my size though. Wouldn't know where to find room for them!

Edward

Bartender
No photos yet, but I recently received, via eBay, a straw Stratoliner. I'm still keeping an eye out for other colours and the hemp variants on the Bay, but this one is the silver-grey Florenti Milan. Synthetic, I believe (which works for me; the only two straw hats I've ever managed to completely destroy were both 'real' straw - it's too fragile for my liking, and I'm wary of getting it rained on). Very pleased indeed.

This other one I do have photos of:

20240117_145157.jpg
20240117_145152.jpg

Realise now I didn't manage to take a flaps-up shot, ah well...

This is a UK-made take on the USAAF B2 cap. I have an ELC B2 I bought yeas ago, of which I'm very fond, but have long wanted a black one. This one can via Etsy for about GBP30 once I'd covered the shipping. Sizing is fractionally more generous than the ELC: my true size works here, whereas I had to size up on the ELC. The crown is also much softer than the milspec hat - floppy. This softness has the bonus that the earflaps can be pulled down without having to take the hat off. Fit is comfortable, though (in common with all B2s I've handled) a breeze under the bill will easily lift it off (windy days, time for the ushanka). The really big departure in manufacture here is that the bill is clearly not a single piece of leather, but rather a more conventional sandwich of some form of liner and two layers of leather. A compromise I suspect is only to be expected given it's very markedly cheaper than any other milspec hat in real sheepskin I can find (as well as UK manufacturing costs). Overall, very pleased with it for the money, though I would definitely consider buying one made to the original spec, just in black if that cam up as an opportunity in future. Not worn it out yet - these photos just taken in the office when it arrived - and I did wear it in the office for the afternoon, as there's a problem with the building heating at present and it was seriously cold in there.

Vintage Sunburst

New in Town
I won this one in an auction on ebay. It arrived today in the mail. Very nice hat. No moth damage, no stains in the felt, although the liner has some minor discoloration. The color is gray or blue/gray, size is 7 1/4, brim is approx. 2 3/8" wide although it looks wider, the open crown is approx. 5 1/4" tall (maybe even slightly higher). Came with what appears to be the original hat box and sales receipt dated December 6, 1955. Since this is a dress fedora, isn't it unusual that the leather sweat band says "XXX Stetson"? I though only western hats carried a designation like that.

IMG_20240119_150421839.jpg IMG_20240119_145819964.jpg IMG_20240119_145905112_HDR.jpg IMG_20240119_150213449.jpg IMG_20240119_150227286.jpg IMG_20240119_150233182.jpg IMG_20240119_150817723.jpg IMG_20240119_150241949.jpg IMG_20240119_150533476.jpg

I won this one in an auction on ebay. It arrived today in the mail. Very nice hat. No moth damage, no stains in the felt, although the liner has some minor discoloration. The color is gray or blue/gray, size is 7 1/4, brim is approx. 2 3/8" wide although it looks wider, the open crown is approx. 5 1/4" tall (maybe even slightly higher). Came with what appears to be the original hat box and sales receipt dated December 6, 1955. Since this is a dress fedora, isn't it unusual that the leather sweat band says "XXX Stetson"? I though only western hats carried a designation like that.

View attachment 581753 View attachment 581754 View attachment 581755 View attachment 581758 View attachment 581759 View attachment 581760 View attachment 581761 View attachment 581762 View attachment 581764

Great hat. Stetson made 3X hats in both dress and western. Always good to find one in the wild.

Here's a thread on the 3X.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...able-legend-the-stetson-3x-before-1970.94192/

Fantastic find, marcel and a great looking hat. Love that liner, exclusive it seems to Giuseppe Marino. There's a scoop there as well: it's the first time we've seen the loiasan model. We did have a loiasti model, but this one is new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred