Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pellie

One Too Many
Fantastic find, marcel and a great looking hat. Love that liner, exclusive it seems to Giuseppe Marino. There's a scoop there as well: it's the first time we've seen the loiasan model. We did have a loiasti model, but this one is new.
Thanks Stefan.
Well...i did not know that when i bought it, but glad to hear. It is a fantastic hat and great felt!

Last edited:
Knox Twenty (more in the School of Hard Knox thread):

IMG_9062.jpeg
IMG_9058.jpeg
IMG_9059.jpeg
IMG_9057.jpeg
IMG_9069.jpeg
IMG_9070.jpeg
IMG_9073.jpeg
IMG_9072.jpeg
IMG_9075.jpeg
IMG_9063.jpeg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
In the lot of the two Huckels in the rust-red color there was also this bowler hat which from size 5 1/2 seems to belong to the same person who had worn the two Huckels.
Mode Bombetta B.jpg
The lining reads "Mode de Paris" and nothing else alongside a lion rampant with flag.
Mode Bombetta Interno.jpg
No paper label other than a red size certifying that it is a 5 1/2 or 58 centimeters and a 7 1/8 in the US.
Mode Bombetta taglia.jpg
It is a lightweight, well-made bowler hat with a French-looking construction.
Mode Bombetta D.jpg
It suffered some damage during shipping which is visible on the left side, otherwise it is well preserved, except for the sweatband which is marked by use.
The measurements are as follows: the cambered wings are 5 centimeters apart, the ribbon is 2.5 cm high. and the crown is 12 centimeters.
Mode Bombetta G.jpg
It came directly from a very far era. It seems of the same age of the Huckel, so a 20 - 30 hat from the last century
Mode Bombetta C.jpg
Despite my brushes the dust of time is still present. It is on sale for those who love this kind of hats.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I have accumulated a fair number of furs hats ready to be showed in the Lounge
EDNA 6.jpg
Brand: EDKA - Le Chapelier with various shops in Paris
EDNA Interno.jpg
Manufacturer: Fraenkel - Wien
EDNA Fraenkel Wien.jpg
Felt type or finish: not indicated. The felt has a medium fur, soft and pliable
EDNA Etichetta carta.jpg
Size 6 or 59 cm in Europe or 7 3/8 in the US. The size is true to the tag
EDNA D.jpg

State of preservation: fantastic felt, excellent sweatband and the lining is present and well preserved
Age of the hat: it was probably made between the 1930s and 1940s, but, as for the Huckels, Steve (mayserwegener) will be able to date it much more precisely, given his enormous experience and his unique collection of Central European felts.
EDNA A.jpg
Considerations: the hat is a magnificent example of Fraenkel manufacturing in Austria during the last century.
The felt has a black-steel color and is beautifully preserved. The ribbon is good and it deserves a steam to be more flat.
EDNA B.jpg
The measurements of the EDKA - Fraenkel are: the raw finished brims measure 6 cm, the ribbon matching the color of the felt is 5 cm high and the open crown is 15 cm

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Just picked up this "Melton". I'm not into the shorter brims but this was so nice I couldn't pass it up. It was only 20.00 and came with this butt ugly hat box. Not sure if it's original to the hat but it came along with it. I'm not familiar with "Melton" hats but I believe this is from the 1950's. Nice 5" open crown with a 2" brim.
melton hat pic 1.jpg
melton hat pic 2.jpg
melton hat pic 3.jpg
melton hat pic 4.jpg
melton hat pic 5.jpg
melton hat pic 6.jpg
melton hat pic 7.jpg
Any insight would be helpful.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Another great homburg find.

This fellow arrived tonight. Still trying to work out the best way to photograph him.

This hat is very beautiful and incredibly comfortable.

More on the Borsa thread once I sort out a better way to photograph him. For now, very big thanks to @BrianB - you’ll be happy to know that this guy fits me perfectly!

View attachment 583198
View attachment 583200
View attachment 583204
View attachment 583205
View attachment 583211
View attachment 583213

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This fellow arrived tonight. Still trying to work out the best way to photograph him.

This hat is very beautiful and incredibly comfortable.

More on the Borsa thread once I sort out a better way to photograph him. For now, very big thanks to @BrianB - you’ll be happy to know that this guy fits me perfectly!

View attachment 583198
View attachment 583200
View attachment 583204
View attachment 583205
View attachment 583211
View attachment 583213
Great buy, Nathan. A wonderful Borsalino Homburg in everyway.

Looks like you and that one were made for each other. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou