Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
5164276883_5cc6c1661d_b.jpg

5164880622_0afd942e6b_b.jpg

5164879128_fb7de5f5dd_z.jpg

A Canadian Borsalino from Montreal before 1950. A satin heather finish. 2-5/8" stitched overwelt brim

Oh Oh Borsalino! Absolutely fantastic!! One of my favorites RLK.

BigEasy

New in Town
The New "Old Borsalino" I just picked up at an estate sale. Mint condition!

Find of a lifetime I think. 7 3/4 and used once if that! Can anyone tell me what style or model this
Borsalino is? It is very silky soft. I think it may be beaver. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Borsalinoandjacket1-2.jpg

Borsalino-1.jpg

Borsalinointerior.jpg

Borsalinointerior2.jpg

Last edited:
Find of a lifetime I think. 7 3/4 and used once if that! Can anyone tell me what style or model this
Borsalino is? It is very silky soft. I think it may be beaver. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Unless is says beaver somewhere on the sweatband, it most likely is not beaver. Borsalino, in its day, made great felt from the bunnies.
Are there any stickers behind the sweatband or the liner? Great score in that size for sure. Congrats.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great look, whatever the hat is. I am partial to vintage Borsalinos myself, and love to wear them around because they are cool. But I see so many different old Borsalinos on this site, and the several I have bought, to be totally at sea about what model it might be. They are multitudinous.

Gromulus

Practically Family

Borsalino-1.jpg

Borsalinointerior.jpg

Borsalinointerior2.jpg

Another guy who looks great in a hat.

Very nice style that suits you very well!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1110001613.jpg
1110001612.jpg

My ne.w Aukubra Bushman. First attempt at a dry bash. I'm not very skilled in this field. I guess I should wait for rain and then try. Oh I love the hat, and it got here in a week.

Can't say I see anything wrong with it. Just wait to apply steam or moisture until you've got it how you want it. The brim will sort itself out with time, too! Gotta say, though, that the upturned brim in combination with the current shape you've got it in looks GREAT!!!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Lookin good Dasmoeturead ! Your correct, get that puppy good and wet a few times and it will only get BETTER ! You'll find the felt on that one softens up NICE the more weather you give it ! (NOT floppy, just the "hand " smooths out and it gets softer) . I've got two, one since 1972 and my current one that I wear almost daily almost 4 years ago. GOOD CHOICE :)

DAJE

One of the Regulars
B! Wear linen cap. It's getting sunnier on this side of the globe.

IMG_9650.jpg

Natural linen, with a smooth leather sweatband ($2 extra).

Edit: This is the close up, I've posted a portrait shot over in the Cap Faction thread.

Last edited:

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Akubra Stylemaster in moonstone arrived today. I ordered it with the contrasting band. After comparing to the instock hats at the store, I feel it was the right choice :)

2010-11-11145110.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic