Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Big old westerns take up some serious hat storage room. These look great. Please post some interior photos of the Stetsons when you get them in.

Yes, and storage space is why I QUIT accumulating hats and divested myself of all but six. Three of the new ones will be humongous, but I have a display plan. I will certainly post pics when they arrive.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Wow! how did you do that? I've got too many favorites to get that low.

fedoralover

It was a terrible experience, actually. I created a spreadsheet with all pertinent detail for selling on ebay, then picked 10, scanned and sold them. I repeated this about 8 times, each time picking a group of my least favorite.

Once all was done, I removed all the hat-racks from my walls, dumped all my furniture, repainted my walls, re-carpeted, moved in new furniture, and had some nice prints matted and framed to replace where all the hats had been.

I haven't regretted it really - the place is beautiful now. I have no idea where these 5 westerns are going to go.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
A few years ago I had high hopes of retiring in Lake Chapala Mexico, but my wife refused to go. I told her I'd sell ALL my hats if she would consider it. She wouldn't go for it, so I figure if I have to stay, my hats are staying too.
Although I have sold a few, I limit my buying now only to really good deals or specialty fedora's. You are to be commended for your self discipline.

fedoralover

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
....You are to be commended for your self discipline.

Agreed!! I have let a couple of my favorites go on trades and even that is hard. Despite my efforts of dialing down the collection, every few I sell, I buy about 5 more. Oh well, there are worse things in life than hat collecting! [huh]

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I've had relapses - needed my fix - but generally get rid of new hats within 6 months of receiving. My weakness is really the circa 1900-10 Stetsons, especially westerns. It's tough to pry those away from me.

This morning my girlfriend and called and asked what I was doing. I replied "working". She laughed and asked "working at buying more hats?"

NeilA

Familiar Face
New to me, just got this from the kind Mr. Bond.

photo_zps77353796.jpg

photo1_zps7338d6f4.jpg

photo2_zps21ee3b12.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
How big is this display? I might have room somewhere. :p
I used to do business with Daniel's Display. They are good people.
Its still in the box & been hiding in the Garage a while , Scared of the wife
My Pal Roberto Isola uses the same one Im sure you seen his Same Model.He sent me there.
came in a Cowboy hat sized box & a 6 ft pole
..but the footing i think is 15'' square...oh yea they milked me for a few more $ for these pads that cushion the hat disks....
But very nice people & cool stuff...every body that sells at Alameda Antique Faire gets their garment racks there,,good prices for those

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR