Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Next up is a Borsalino Grand Luxe 5x in gray. I swear this ribbon is a very dark blue which I really like on this hat.
I bought this to replace my existing Grand Luxe which is a size 4, but I think I just may well keep both.
The felt on these are very similar. This new one has a 2 1/2" brim vs my other at 2 1/8". Last pic shows both.

View attachment 578553
View attachment 578554
View attachment 578557
Man—you are pulling some great hats these days!

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Received this very nice Sterkowski wool cap for Christmas in my favorite color! Thinking about adding a cockade for decoration, but everything I see looks too "WWII German."
CJ3Py0w.jpg

RoERTd0.jpg

eIDkKxB.png

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
And finally, a Stetson Fifteen 3X with mode edge.
I was pleasantly surprised that that this hat is more of a gray green moss color with a matching ribbon.
The brim is 2 3/4" and ribbon is 1 3/4".
There is some minor moth damage, but I still looking forward to getting this and the Borsalino above into the rotation.

View attachment 578564
View attachment 578565
View attachment 578566
As somebody said recently on another thread, "a work of art".

Stetson 15 MEs are consistently my favorite hats. Congrats on picking this one up and I think you got it for a pretty good price, no?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Received this very nice Sterkowski wool cap for Christmas in my favorite color! Thinking about adding a cockade for decoration, but everything I see looks too "WWII German."
CJ3Py0w.jpg

RoERTd0.jpg

eIDkKxB.png
Nice cap! But yes, it definitely says "Burschenschaft" to me.

I see you are in Joliet (I assume, IL). My trucking company is out of Joliet. I've been away from work for some time but I really like that town (at least in the early morning I like it - the traffic is hell at other times). Looking forward to getting back up there maybe in spring.

Nice cap! But yes, it definitely says "Burschenschaft" to me.

I see you are in Joliet (I assume, IL). My trucking company is out of Joliet. I've been away from work for some time but I really like that town (at least in the early morning I like it - the traffic is hell at other times). Looking forward to getting back up there maybe in spring.
I use a logistics company in Joliet. I was there for a site visit last December.

And finally, a Stetson Fifteen 3X with mode edge.
I was pleasantly surprised that that this hat is more of a gray green moss color with a matching ribbon.
The brim is 2 3/4" and ribbon is 1 3/4".
There is some minor moth damage, but I still looking forward to getting this and the Borsalino above into the rotation.

View attachment 578564
View attachment 578565
View attachment 578566
Wow, you didn't do things by half. Great score! The Diamante and the Stetson are excellent hats, but the showstopper is the Borsalino MGL for me: what a gorgeous hat. Please post these Borsalinos in the Borsalino thread as well (labels and all:)).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner