Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I finally got a chance to visit the Stetson outlet in St. Joseph, MO yesterday. A lot of hats: the good, the bad, the ugly. I tried on an Open Road, not bad but I wasn't going to drop a hundred bucks on it. I also tried on a couple of Temples, in brown and gray. They were $75, and would be a solid buy at that price, I think. But as I stood there mulling it over I recalled my other brown hats (including an AB) and my other gray hats (including an AB on order), and decided I was nuts to buy one. I asked about the Nostalgia, but they said they didn't have any anymore.

I did end up leaving with this chocolate brown fedora. The model name seems to be Hermes Maxi (?), and has a '2000' on the tag, which I thought might indicate the manufacture date. Stamped '100% Fur Felt' I thought it was worth the $20 asking price as a I-don't-have-to-worry-about-it hat. Interestingly, on their cheaper hats I found that my usual size of 7 3/8 was a size too big. This one is a 7 1/4. [huh]

The felt on it feels pretty good. It came with the stock crease you see below, but I poked around on it and it would take a dry crease pretty well, I think. It's not stiff at all.

p1014105qk7.jpg

p1014107sn2.jpg

p1014112yu1.jpg

RBH

Bartender
I dont always remark on the hats here but want all to know that I thank them for the post and a chance to see some really great lids...
SO...
THANKS!!!

CigarMan said:
My new hat through ebay, first one too . . .what do you think? Might be a little snug? What do you experts think?

DSC01930A.jpg

Nice one CM, the milan type hats are great summer straws. You would look good in a wider brim also!

AlanC said:
Nice Alan, what is the height of that crown?

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brim's 2 3/8", crown is about 3 7/8" in the front with that crease. Yeah, it could stand to be taller, but the dimensions aren't bad.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
So many Borsalinos ...So much pain...

Now all I want to see is that blue Trionfo of your know who's :rage: and I will commit total hara kiri/seppuku (with a suitable Borsalino in place ) whilst ritually disembowelling myself....:D :D :eek: :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails