Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Twenty bucks; THAT'S the way ya' do it!

I've got one of those Borso's with the grey sweatband. Kinda' unusual, no?

Not only is the felt great on those old Borsalinos but even the ribbons are tremendous. Really shiny and with a 'depth' to them.

------------

Man, lately I've been busy from before sun-up to after dark relocating my workshop, so that's why I've been scarce. It'll be a while longer before I can get back in the swing of things here at TFL. I've been wearing mostly westerns and there were a couple of days which called for nit caps. My fingers are bruised and cut up so typing hurts.

G'night all!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just received my first eBay hat purchase yesterday; a Champ "Flight" in silver grey. It is a very dark grey color which I think is more charcoal with brown tint. It is the Kasmir finish and has a 2 1/2 inch brim. It came without dents and I added the elongated ones as it seemed to suit the style, IMO.

ChampHat-Flight001.jpg

ChampHat-Flight007.jpg

ChampHat-Flight006.jpg

It seems to be in excellent condition with some yellowing of the liner.

Garrett

B. F. Socaspi said:
A trip to the local Irish store and 53 dollars later, my first Hannah cap (ignore the bad quality of the photos, there's no sun out today):
2ms4umb.jpg
ig96x0.jpg
t56hk3.jpg

Hannah's are VERY nice caps, I have one myself. Good score

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
OK, so last weekend I happened on a yard sale that had just ended.

The homeowner was loading up the remaining stuff into his pickup to either trash it or donate it.

In the pile was a very bent up, very dirty straw hat with a weird, colorful band on top of the ribbon.

I asked the guy about the hat and he said, "It's yours, just take it." :)

After a little TLC, here's what I wound up with. It'll be in the rotation of straw hats when summer comes.

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

RBH

Bartender
HarpPlayerGene said:
OK, so last weekend I happened on a yard sale that had just ended.

The homeowner was loading up the remaining stuff into his pickup to either trash it or donate it.

In the pile was a very bent up, very dirty straw hat with a weird, colorful band on top of the ribbon.

I asked the guy about the hat and he said, "It's yours, just take it." :)

After a little TLC, here's what I wound up with. It'll be in the rotation of straw hats when summer comes.

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg
Very nice!
I put on my Miller hats milan LBJ with the fedora crease in it this afternoon.
Waiting on summer!!!!!

BobC

Nice looking hat, kiyoshigawa. Welcome to the lounge.

Gene, I'm amazed at how you find these gems. That one's a looker, same as all the rest.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, pals.

The thrift stores have also been kind to me lately in the 'Hawaiian-Type-Flowerdy-Shirt' department.

I'm actually enjoying our little bit of cooler weather here lately but when summer comes, I'm ready!!

Mr. Paladin

Hey Gene! Good to see you back on again and with a great deal to begin with!

Billyspew, looking good! Maybe not Dinerman's twin...but a cousin maybe???:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran