• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Post Pics of Your Cafe Racer Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jchosko, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Tony those are great pictures that illustrate how difficult and unforgiving the cafe racer design is regarding fit. Unlike other designs, with the CR there is an incredibly narrow margin of variation between a jacket that is too tight and one that is baggy and too big.

Below is a selfie of a size 42 Vanson Enfield that I didn't keep. As I recall it was a few years old and made of very heavy, stiff cowhide. Although the fit pictures probably looked OK, I think I had to exhale to get it zipped. The sleeves were too short. Also there was significant separation of the male zipper pin at the bottom with likely imminent failure. So, back it went. I have always liked the concept of the Vanson Enfield though ever since I saw HD wearing his.

VANSON ENFIELD 3.jpg VANSON ENFIELD 2.jpg

It wasn't until after I got my two Sheenes that I discovered how nice the CR design could look and fit when worn.

nick123, Monitor, AeroFan_07 and 3 others like this.
  2. davyjones007

davyjones007 One of the Regulars

[​IMG]

plainsman, navetsea, nick123 and 7 others like this.
  3. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

^^ Looks like a good break-in project there Davy! :)

davyjones007 and Fanch like this.
  4. Gamma68

Gamma68 One of the Regulars

Having read your comment, I feel very fortunate to have found a cafe racer that fits perfectly with my first purchase. Now, my Kehoe's measurements will serve as a template for the next one I acquire.

Fanch and ton312 like this.
  5. davyjones007

Every ride for the last few months has been in this jacket to do just that :). I've wanted a Vanson for the longest time and with the help of TB and Carrie, it happened.

navetsea, El Marro and ProteinNerd like this.
  6. eugenesque

eugenesque One of the Regulars

Some random cafe racer musing. I have always liked the cafe racer design and I thought that it looks the best short and cropped. I had one which ended at about my jeans' belt length when unzipped. When it was zipped up, my belt would be slightly exposed. Strangely as I grew older I felt more comfortable with a slightly longer jacket. In fact sometimes I felt that my cafe racer was too short, especially when I layered a sweater or if I put on a scarf. It tend to scrunch up too much. It took me countless sessions in front of the mirror pondering upon the length of a perfect fit before I made up my mind that a longer length would do me good. I now go for the same style but with the length ending right above the jeans pocket and with the jeans belt entirely covered. I understand that length and fit is a personal choice but boy it was a long journey for me to find out what I liked.

7. Great jacket. It only gets better with age. ;)

Getting reacquainted with an old friend. This jacket and I have been in a relationship for going on 10 years now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plainsman, ai00344, navetsea and 6 others like this.
  8. TREEMAN

TREEMAN Practically Family

What make jacket is that?

davyjones007 likes this.
  9. This is what I like about my Langlitz, the front sits higher as to keep from pushing the collar into my neck and longer in the rear to provide protection from the elements when I'm leaning over the tank of the bike.

Hopefully you can see it here, it's very slight:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. eugenesque

eugenesque One of the Regulars

That's really functional. I think the Aero cafe racer is somewhat like that too. The front sits slightly higher than the back. My current jacket which is a custom board racer is somewhat around the same length as yours, with the front just ending above the pockets and covering the belt. I think that's the optimal length imo.

davyjones007 likes this.
  11. El Marro

El Marro Practically Family

I believe it is a Vanson.

davyjones007 likes this.
  12. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

Correct!

davyjones007 likes this.
  13. More specifically, it appears to be a Vanson Comet PLU-3.

davyjones007 and El Marro like this.
  14. davyjones007

15. davyjones007

Vanson PLU-3

El Marro likes this.
  16. davyjones007

You are correct Sir! :)

El Marro likes this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

My grail CR.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. 2wheelgrplr

2wheelgrplr A-List Customer

Superb! Right up my alley. More details please? Brand? How old? Any fit pics? Thank you!

davyjones007 likes this.
  19. 2wheelgrplr

Aero "Fontana" Cafe Racer Brown CXL FQHH, courtesy Carrie & team at Thurston Bros :):

AeroFontana2.jpg

AeroFontana5.jpg

AeroFontana3.jpg

20. 2wheelgrplr

Vanson Comet PLU3:

IMG_9329.jpg

IMG_9339.jpg