Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Went through Carrie, so ”No”.

However, they had a supply shortage of the hide and that delayed things several months. And, of course, they are making some substantial mods for me in cut and pocket layout.

Hopefully it will be here in a few weeks. No big worry but I was looking forward to wearing it this spring.

Like my granddad said.…

Don’t rush a surgeon…. or a craftsman.
My granddad just told me to fetch his dentures from the old jelly jar on the floor next to his bed.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Reminds me so much of this, only with buttons instead of a zipper:
8a8bGVC.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
You absolutely nailed the length on this jacket. I owned one of these for about a week, but the fit was horrendous (much too long and baggy) so I sold it to someone on here. Very disappointing.
In a sense, I got lucky. I ordered it off the rack from East West Apparel in the UK. They were very helpful and gave me accurate measurements. It didn't have the usual washing/tumbling/rewashing/waxing aging treatment that Thedi does, so the leather was new, and the jacket was a little bit large on arrival. So I washed it once in the washer and it shrank just enough, then gave it a couple of applications of Saphir Leather Renovator, so it worked out. It's a big risk, and I don't neccesarily recommend it. That probaby wouldn't work if Thedi has already given the relic to one of their jackets. I've had mixed results doing that to a few jackets by other makers, but it's been mostly positive.

mvilla

A-List Customer
In a sense, I got lucky. I ordered it off the rack from East West Apparel in the UK. They were very helpful and gave me accurate measurements. It didn't have the usual washing/tumbling/rewashing/waxing aging treatment that Thedi does, so the leather was new, and the jacket was a little bit large on arrival. So I washed it once in the washer and it shrank just enough, then gave it a couple of applications of Saphir Leather Renovator, so it worked out. It's a big risk, and I don't neccesarily recommend it. That probaby wouldn't work if Thedi has already given the relic to one of their jackets. I've had mixed results doing that to a few jackets by other makers, but it's been mostly positive.
Did you put it in the dryer afterwards or how did you dry it?

That Caneto Cowhide looks fairly similar to my Cossack's. I wonder if it is the same...

20230620_191634.jpg

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
That's awesome. It's always satisfying when you take a risk and it works out.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
As far as Thedi goes, does anyone here have any info on their Buffalo leather? What kind of buffalo is it (from where in the world), is the leather strong/thick/stiff...how does it compare with Thedi's horsehide/goat/deerskin, etc? What I don't want is another cowhide jacket from Thedi since I didn't care for the sponginess of the first one, and I just don't have any interest in something akin to steerhide.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm considering giving Thedi another shot (though this time I'll order straight from Theodoros and bypass Thurston). It'll likely be a Memphis jacket with zip or button sleeves instead of those wrap around cinches (because they look like they would get caught on things easily), and a large change-style pocket added to the chest. I want something in a chocolate brown, for that classic American look.

Last question...does anyone know what he's charging for something customized nowadays? I'm almost afraid to ask him.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Quick fit pics after work. I think it fits alright, trim but not so trim and this jacket does not need a break in at all since the jacket is so soft and drapey. The waist could be a touch slimmer but you can't win them all or can you?

Love the collar shape on this guy too. Notice how the collar seam seems to be aligned with the front panel French seam. The contrasting green stitching seems to stand out quite a bit (I was initially planning to have it in brown) which is not a bad thing since it shows off the beautiful stitch work and French seams overload design of the pattern. theres also that little nice touch on where the upper back French seam lines up with the underside sleeve French seam. There's quite a bit of a front drop (1.75") so the jacket looks longer from the front. The back hem also is slightly curved so it is resting just right on top of my back side which looks great and quite a classy touch by the maker. Any idea why most Thedi jackets have a slightly wavy zipper? It doesn't bother me much but it's really noticeable especially on an unzipped jacket.

View attachment 371865

View attachment 371867

View attachment 371869

View attachment 371870

View attachment 371866

View attachment 371871

View attachment 371872

View attachment 371873

View attachment 371868
This really is a perfect fit/style. I might be sending Thedi a couple of these pics to see if they can do something for me in brown with zip sleeves.

Mandarin

Practically Family
As far as Thedi goes, does anyone here have any info on their Buffalo leather? What kind of buffalo is it (from where in the world), is the leather strong/thick/stiff...how does it compare with Thedi's horsehide/goat/deerskin, etc? What I don't want is another cowhide jacket from Thedi since I didn't care for the sponginess of the first one, and I just don't have any interest in something akin to steerhide.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm considering giving Thedi another shot (though this time I'll order straight from Theodoros and bypass Thurston). It'll likely be a Memphis jacket with zip or button sleeves instead of those wrap around cinches (because they look like they would get caught on things easily), and a large change-style pocket added to the chest. I want something in a chocolate brown, for that classic American look.

Last question...does anyone know what he's charging for something customized nowadays? I'm almost afraid to ask him.
From my experience (I have a Hektor), Thedi's buffalo is stronger/thicker/stiffer than his HH and cow (don't know about goat or deer). I'm always amazed at how , despite the stiffness, mine seems comfortable as if I had owned it all my life.
Ordering straight from Theodoros is a good idea. I recently ordered for the third time from him. The rates have been increasing regularly, but I'd say they're in the same range as the ones that Thurston charges, but still way under some japanese makers, for a value that is at least equal.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
From my experience (I have a Hektor), Thedi's buffalo is stronger/thicker/stiffer than his HH and cow (don't know about goat or deer). I'm always amazed at how , despite the stiffness, mine seems comfortable as if I had owned it all my life.
Ordering straight from Theodoros is a good idea. I recently ordered for the third time from him. The rates have been increasing regularly, but I'd say they're in the same range as the ones that Thurston charges, but still way under some japanese makers, for a value that is at least equal.
Thanks for the help. I'm surprised to hear that ordering straight from the source is in the same price range as Thurston, though. I would've thought that using Thurston as a go-between would make everything far more expensive.

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
the two latest postings from thurston bros really highlight some amazing thedi jackets! Holy cow! I want both of them! I’m so excited to get my latest jackets from Theodoros! Hope they come soon!
IMG_0371.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg
    931.6 KB · Views: 55

Mandarin

Practically Family
Thanks for the help. I'm surprised to hear that ordering straight from the source is in the same price range as Thurston, though. I would've thought that using Thurston as a go-between would make everything far more expensive.
My guess is Thurston get lower prices from Thedi because they order comparatively large amounts of standard sized jackets. Then they add import and various taxes, but can still keep competitive prices.

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face

I have a Thedi in buffalo. It's a heavy and relatively stiff leather, but not as stiff as some horse I've tried on. It seems pretty pliable fast. I've never worn Thedi's other hides, so I can't compare specifically.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
I have a Thedi in buffalo. It's a heavy and relatively stiff leather, but not as stiff as some horse I've tried on. It seems pretty pliable fast. I've never worn Thedi's other hides, so I can't compare specifically.
Thanks for that info. I really want a goatskin jacket, but the pics of Theodoros in his MTC-1279720 jacket are just amazing. Not really sure what to do on this one.

Screen Shot 2023-06-23 at 12.42.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-23 at 12.42.23 PM.png

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars

You can come look at my Buffalo and cowhide to compare if you want. Redondo Beach, Ca

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
You can come look at my Buffalo and cowhide to compare if you want. Redondo Beach, Ca
I would really appreciate that! I already E-mailed Theodoros, so am just waiting to hear back. Send me a private message and let me know what your schedule normally looks like. I have some family coming in from the East Coast this weekend, but typically I'm pretty flexible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy