• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Pre 1940s dress hats

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Dinerman, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Fantastic hat Stefan. The heather colors are beautiful and the hat itself is an exceptional example of the hat making craft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steur likes this.
  2. steur

steur One Too Many

Richard, thanks, but I can't take credit. This is actually Steve's hat and I only had my greedy eye on it.

3. Mean Eyed Matt

Mean Eyed Matt One of the Regulars

What a great collection, Steve!
    If you ever decide to give off one of these fantastic velours, please let me know ;)

mayserwegener likes this.
  4. steur

steur One Too Many

This one I can take credit for but I gladly share that with Daniele (Tanto) who found it for me (among several others). So my thanks go out to him.

Borsalino in the colour Misto lapis, size 56. Grey colour with blue tones. It's a heather felt of incredible quality. Curled brim at 5cm and crown at 11 cm in front. Not a homburg and not a lords hat either, but a dress hat with curled brim. It actually works as a fedora as well but it does not like its brim snapped down. I'm thinking late 1930's.

borsalino misto lapis_02.jpg borsalino misto lapis_01.jpg borsalino misto lapis_03.jpg borsalino misto lapis_04.jpg borsalino misto lapis_05.jpg borsalino misto lapis_06.jpg borsalino misto lapis_07.jpg borsalino misto lapis_08.jpg borsalino misto lapis_09.jpg borsalino misto lapis_10.jpg

5. Daniele, Thank you!

steur likes this.
  6. Matt, Thanks too! There are some others if you go back in the thread.

Mean Eyed Matt likes this.
  7. Stefan, A fantastic hat! I saw this one when I visited Daniele a few weeks ago.

8. Mean Eyed Matt

Mean Eyed Matt One of the Regulars

Yes, I know and I love them!
    Unfortunately they are really hard to find...

mayserwegener likes this.
  9. c.1910s Hulbert the Hatter [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. C.1910s Marathon[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. c.1930s Marathon Headliner[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Two great looking Marathons Justin. Love the early "Lord's Hat" the best. The finish is so interesting.

splintercellsz and Michael R. like this.
  13. Thank you. I love the early hat. its a semi long hair. Looked disheveled until i brished and steamed it!

Redfokker and Michael A like this.
  14. What can I say? These are two fantastic examples of hatters workmanship from a bygone era.
    Blessed are those who have small sizes ;-)

Redfokker likes this.