Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre 1940s Stetson Westerns

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
There's two Western hats, circa 1930s, currently on ebay with similar ranch markings to Dinerman's. Both are size 7 1/4. One of the hats has autographs by Tom Mix and Max Baer, (Heavyweight Boxing Champ from the 1930s), to name a few. Both are pretty well "seasoned".

frussell

One Too Many
I'd buy it just for Montie Montana's signature, as he was a close family friend. I wouldn't be surprised if those two ended up with carouselvic, unless he's the one selling them. He's got at least one like that, although in better shape.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
Dinerman, that hat is really special.

I finally bought one of the Boss Raw Edge reissue hats, so I'll post about that in the appropriate thread. You can really see how it was influenced by hats like this example (although it has no ranch brands in the felt).

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
I was curious to see if this was a style of hat I could pull off, and figured this beautiful old Stetson was a good place to start. Luckily only 1 other bidder was in on the action.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I think you'll find it to your liking and in good shape. That sweatband is very durable and the narrow brim is a good place to jump into the Fray. I expect around 1920, maybe a little earlier. Too small for me and too many black western hats or I might have bid too. Look forward to seeing it cleaned up.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This and the other TBRE(in the Fray thread) are from the James Bartlett Walker "Bart" and Jane Walker estate and purchased from their only child, Rosie Walker. James was a descendant of Josiah Bartlett- one of the men who signed the Declaration of Independence.

That is spectacular!! Awesome provenance! Now...if we could only find Josiah Bartlett's tricorn....

There's two Western hats, circa 1930s, currently on ebay with similar ranch markings to Dinerman's. Both are size 7 1/4. One of the hats has autographs by Tom Mix and Max Baer, (Heavyweight Boxing Champ from the 1930s), to name a few. Both are pretty well "seasoned".
Max Bear, father of "Jethro".
Great pair of Boss Raw Edges, I was bidding against you Horse, that's a nice catch. I'd like to see it cleaned up.
I finally got one I wore last week, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass