Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Public Enemies

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Anyone know if this movie is based on Bryan Burrough's book Public Enemies?It has the same title and deals with the same figures. IMDB does not list any connection but it seems likely.

The book is sitting on my book shelf. I should bump it up on the reading list before the movie comes out.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Brian Sheridan said:
Anyone know if this movie is based on Bryan Burrough's book Public Enemies?It has the same title and deals with the same figures. IMDB does not list any connection but it seems likely.

The book is sitting on my book shelf. I should bump it up on the reading list before the movie comes out.

I believe it is, however, Gangs of New York was "based on" the book by Herbert Asbury - like a praagraph or two - and this looks as if it might take a similar approach. The book's well worth reading in any case.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Brian Sheridan said:

Yes, it is. The book is excellent.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117977137.html

Jovan

Suspended
katiemakeup said:
Johnny Depp + Christian Bale = Smelling salts in the theatre.
Is it just me, or does Christian Bale have a better American accent than most people in the States? :eusa_doh:

I'll certainly see this in theatres... one of the few worth watching when the student prices have been bumped up to $8 now. :rolleyes:

texasgirl

One Too Many
Lookin' good! Check out that smirk...

candyjohnny.jpg

Nic Charles

Familiar Face
PE

I'm going to jump over to this thread since we have two going. Here's a link to more images as the crew works here in Oshkosh this week:
http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=frontpage

The set up in Oshkosh looks really well done and looked good down in Columbus also. A budy in Crown Point sent me images and it looked great there also. They are really paying attention to detail. My photographer's studio was turned into a newstand/tobacco shop and most of the items were originals or good reproductions. I should have some portraits to post of my wife and I on the set next week.

vwguy

New in Town
texasgirl said:
Lookin' good! Check out that smirk...

candyjohnny.jpg

It has been mentioned on other boards that the blond is in fact Claire from LOST.

I've looked over some of the pics from shooting on Wed and noticed extras who were w/ me for the Fri night shoot...they're wearing the exact same clothes!? They went so far as to put makeup on my whitewalls for color, yet they're using the same people in the same clothes for two different shoots & cities? You'd think they'd at least switch it up a bit.

edit: Nic, can't wait to see your pics.

Brian

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran