Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quaid's VEGAS jacket

I was catching up on recorded TV recently & watched VEGAS with Dennis Quaid.
Liked what looks to be a half belt
reg_1024.vegas_.mh_.0516121.jpg

Did a search but no luck finding previous thread. Maybe experts can point me to one if already covered.

It looks suede to me in some shots...
Vegascbs11.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
More pics. As far as the color goes, russet can wear out to that color over time, sueding out to a soft finish. I have a mid '40s capeskin jacket that's nearly that same color at the moment, but looking on the unworn undersides of the pockets/collar, you can see the original color. Quaid's jacket looks a bit too even to have that be the case, though.

The damage to the elbow in this shot is interesting. Looks more like the kind of surface flaking that happens with age than studio distressing, but who knows.

It looks like deer/elk to me. But could be naked steer. That damage shows what those hides look like when scuffed hard. Thanks for the pics.

Last edited:
Thanks D'man! I looked for a detailed rear view of the jacket but not luck.
In watching the episodes, you can clearly see the back belt & the adjustment tabs & buckles.
I agree it does look like deer/elk that is well worn = maybe where my suede-like view came from.
I know it gets cool at night & early mornings in the desert but they wear some non-suitable clothes for Las Vegas IMHO....
Most hats are felt when I'd bet straw would be more prevalent...

Quaid's posture is really poor. Noticed that on the show too. Nice jacket - is the leather fragile?
Posture aside, I believe it's deer/elk. That is by nature more fragile, and you'll notice the sleeves don't maintain much wrinkling - another trait of the deer/elk hides. Also, look at the bunching at the shoulder seems. That and the holes make me think that's the case.

MillersCrossing

Familiar Face
Jackets in Vegas TV series

Is anyone watching this show, set in 50s Vegas? Some cool period clothing and cars on display and the main characters sport some very nice leather jackets. Dennis Quaid's is a half-belt with some nice grain. Anyone have any idea who makes 'em?

I liked the show. Bummed that it's gone. The Hispanic gal that worked in the police station is on Dexter now. But that one ends in three episodes so she'll have to keep looking. Given her looks, I'd say it won't take long ;)

timblade

New in Town
I just receive the only one screen worn jacket. On the lining we can see HERO R.L. ( Ralph Lamb )

755699413_o.jpg

755699398_o.jpg

755699404_o.jpg

755699423_o.jpg

755699409_o.jpg

755699418_o.jpg

755699859_o.jpg

755699865_o.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members