Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Queen Mary '08-Whose going and what are you wearing??

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Sooo...this will be my first year going and I was just wondering who is going and what are you planning on wearing? I want to compare notes and make sure I won't be too under/overdressed :)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Very lovely! Thanks for the link :) I won't be able to attend Sir Winston's as I have a previous engagement for Saturday night, but I have somewhat of an idea what I can pull together for Friday night's dinner. Thanks again :)

Idledame

Practically Family
So we need daytime depending if we go somewhere, have a picnic or whatever for Fri, Sat and Sun. And then a nicer dress for Friday night and cocktail or evening gown for Sat. Night? Oh, and the pajama party. That's what I'm aiming for. And depending on the weather, a jacket or coat. Of course if anyone doesn't have vintage they shouldn't let that stop them. The whole idea is to have fun.

Idledame

Practically Family
You're right! I recall people talking about a pajama party when they were discussing the QM event several months ago. I didn't notice it wasn't on the agenda. I guess that's one less thing I have to sew, though now I have patterns, and silk that I bought so I guess I should make them anyway.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I always keep spare everything in my car.. cause you never know what will happen :) Its a closet away from home :) Well.. the duffle bag is.. :D

There have been so many times where I have torn something... spilled something... broken a heel.. and the list can go on... and thank goodness for the x-tra outfit or pair of shoes in the car :D :D

Inky

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
I always keep spare everything in my car.. cause you never know what will happen :) Its a closet away from home :) Well.. the duffle bag is.. :D

There have been so many times where I have torn something... spilled something... broken a heel.. and the list can go on... and thank goodness for the x-tra outfit or pair of shoes in the car :D :D

I agree - it's a great idea to take along spare stuff especially when wearing vintage - and a sewing kit!

I'm going down to Orange County this weekend for only 3 nights and 2 sheduled events and you'd think I was going away for a month with outfits for me and the hubby! and hair stuff, and make up, and and and.....and to leave room to hit up a couple shops too!!

Have fun at the Queen Mary - we were gonna go but the dreaded 30 year high school reunion ate up the fun budget.

and Disneyland :)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
I was planning on being at the event for two days, wearing a late-Edwardian suit for the first day and a Jazz-era suit for the second. Sort of spanning the time of the great ship. If resources allow I may pick up a set of pyjamas as well, although at this late date I don't think I could do the occasion justice. A silk set with a smoking jacket and slippers would be so much fun, but there is always next year, of course.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
pssst....this is a Powder Room thread just in case you might not have noticed....its not -necessarily- a girls only thread, but might have more to discuss with the gents on wardrobe then with us. ;)
Yes, I know. I wanted to contribute the idea of wearing outfits that span the time of the Queen Mary on different days. I have plenty that I like to discuss with women, including wardrobes.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24