Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Mens Spring 2013 Collection

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
What happened to fall&winter?
The shows are for buyers to peruse the lines and place orders, so they take place months before the actual season they represent, giving manufacturers time to make and deliver what is ordered at the shows.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
So how on Earth does this fit in?!
stock-photo-3689373-golden-dollar-symbol.jpg

1930artdeco

Practically Family
I was looking at the slideshow and Iliked some of the outfits, but ireally liked the wingtip shoes. any idea as to where to get them?

Mike

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I like a lot of this stuff. The jackets in particular are all cut fantastically close at the waist. I also like the proportions on the double breasted suits. Some of the trousers could stand to have a higher waist, and one or two were a bit short, but overall I would wear probably 17 or 18 out of those 20 looks exactly how they were presented in the show.

RL(X,L) have good designers. The stuff is well-made, and quality. Some is actually not even made in China. I like to find it on ebay from known, legit sellers at about 30% of the original cost. Their shirts fit me better than most, and the leather goods are very nice.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
As a whole, I really like Ralph Laurens clothing. I will say that they are EXTREMELY overpriced for what they are and where they are made. Nowadays, most of his stuff is made in China unless you spend big money on the Purple Line collection which then its made in Italy. He used to actually make a lot of his stuff in America, but it seems that has since stopped. I have never thought that Ralph Lauren was ahead of the game as far as styles go. He has always seemed to take vintage styles and made them "new" again. It seems like when he came out with his "new" high cut double breasted suit about 2 years ago, at a time when the fashion "experts" said that double breasted suits were passe', everybody was ooo-ing and ah-ing over the suit. Now if you read GC or any modern mens fashion magazine, they say that double breasted suits are back. Its like he takes a fashion that's vintage, slaps his label on it, and all of sudden its "acceptable" for society to wear that style again. Most of the cuts today are far too skinny and trim for my liking, but with a lot of Ralph Laurens stuff he seems to stay true to tradition. Don't get me wrong, he still carries quite a few items with the modern cuts and styles, but always carries stuff for people who like vintage cuts and lines. It seems that at least once a year he comes out with his beautiful double breasted cashmere polo coat. He has had golf/club collared shirts in his lineup consecutively for the last 4-5 years. He sells beautiful bench-made wingtip shoes made in Italy and has consistently carried a nice lineup of Italian made leather and silver accessories. Like I said, his stuff is WAY overpriced, but he does keep with a very classic traditional look most of time with his green or blue line stuff. I just recently bought an older Ralph Lauren 3 piece suit on ebay that probably dates to the mid 90's or late 80's. Its cuts and lines are reminiscent of a 1920's suit and that's why I bought it. I mostly bought it because the vest had lapels, which I have always wanted. This suit is an example that every once in a while Ralph Lauren has vintage looking stuff, you just gotta find it.

RLSUIT1.jpg

RLSUIT2.jpg

RLSUIT3.jpg

RLSUIT7.jpg

RLSUIT9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner