Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randall Renshaw Restorations

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Craftsmanship right there!
Thanks, Phil!
The Minnesota native this hat was made for is long distant friends with my brother. They met in Beirut as grunts in 1983 when that truck bomb blew up a barracks building full of sleeping Marines killing 220.
He came down to visit my bro for a vacay and also both went the annual memorial gathering in Jacksonville, NC.
He saw all my hats hangin up on the walls, a crazy sight to those unaware of HAS disease, and decided he couldn’t fly back to Sota without a 30s Stetson bowler and this beige custom Civil War slouch in size 7. Shouldn’t he have wanted it in black? :)
He’s a really good guy. While down he enjoyed an outdoor oyster roast and a gator hunt for the first time.

A fresh custom Champ done today.
Gray belly Civil war style slouch to be shipped to Minnesotaian.

Sewed on a ribbon and bow, sewed on a yellow cord that I lightly “antiqued”, hand made a sweat bow, sewed in an old sweatband and liner. You’ll notice I went ahead and sewed in my signature rows of stitching on the top of the sweat. View attachment 556961 View attachment 556960 View attachment 556957 View attachment 556956
Another job well done, Randall.

hambone71

Practically Family
Thanks, Phil!
The Minnesota native this hat was made for is long distant friends with my brother. They met in Beirut as grunts in 1983 when that truck bomb blew up a barracks building full of sleeping Marines killing 220.
He came down to visit my bro for a vacay and also both went the annual memorial gathering in Jacksonville, NC.
He saw all my hats hangin up on the walls, a crazy sight to those unaware of HAS disease, and decided he couldn’t fly back to Sota without a 30s Stetson bowler and this beige custom Civil War slouch in size 7. Shouldn’t he have wanted it in black? :)
He’s a really good guy. While down he enjoyed an outdoor oyster roast and a gator hunt for the first time.
And southern hospitality at its finest! He found out we do things a little differently down here and I bet he loved it and can’t wait to come back.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
And southern hospitality at its finest! He found out we do things a little differently down here and I bet he loved it and can’t wait to come back.
He talked about the fun of ice fishing through holes in the floor of camper trailers parked out on frozen lakes and snow mobiles that go 100/150 MPH over snow covered ice and Elk and whitetail hunting in freezing temps.
Says he wouldn’t trade that for our hurricanes, high humidity and hungry mosquitoes.
I guess we’re all a bunch of frogs getting used to our own pots of boiling water.

I had no idea that tracked vehicles could go that fast over frozen tundra, but he didn’t know how something as slow as last year’s cane syrup poured over fresh baked sweet potato biscuits could be so tasty.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
My new sweatbands are in and they look awesome!! Very cool to see your own logo design stamped in gold on some fine looking sweats! Much better leather than the ones I was using.

I just bought a new sewing machine last night to replace the new heavy duty sewing machine, that arrived broke down, I bought recently.
So I’m waiting on the newest HD machine to be shipped out. Then I can finish a few custom hats, re-creations and restorations that folks are waiting on—plus sew two rows of decorative gold stitching on the top edge of these new sweats.
Also got the shipment of various colored hat liners that I have to stamp myself with gold ink and stamp pad that I bought, but I’m still waiting on the custom rubber stamp I had made.
And then a pic of my new homemade rounding Jack of my own design to cut brim edges to size. Works great!
I feel so official all of a sudden! :)
B0564FCF-8ABC-46EA-8A01-190B6AD203C9.jpeg
042E2539-923D-4C2E-909D-59DFD47CFF21.jpeg
79351190-777D-4B9B-AA0A-D3A08222DFCE.jpeg
4B0424FE-E7AE-40C5-AA98-474D53A50F4A.jpeg

Last edited:
My new sweatbands are in and they look awesome!! Very cool to see your own logo design stamped in gold on some fine looking sweats! Much better leather than the ones I was using.

I just bought a new sewing machine last night to replace the new heavy duty sewing machine, that arrived broke down, I bought recently.
So I’m waiting on the newest HD machine to be shipped out. Then I can finish a few custom hats, re-creations and restorations that folks are waiting on—plus sew two rows of decorative gold stitching on the top edge of these new sweats.
Also got the shipment of various colored hat liners that I have to stamp myself with gold ink and stamp pad that I bought, but I’m still waiting on the custom rubber stamp I had made.
And then a pic of my new homemade rounding Jack of my own design to cut brim edges to size. Works great!
I feel so official all of a sudden! :) View attachment 560385 View attachment 560388 View attachment 560386 View attachment 560387
Where do you buy your sweats? Is it calf leather?

I feel so official all of a sudden! :) View attachment 560385 View attachment 560388 View attachment 560386 View attachment 560387
Fabulous!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
For this order I’m getting them from an Etsy source. Brent Hancock. These aren’t roan leather, but appear to be durable enough and look really nice.
Better than what I was getting from Sullivan.
And I didn’t use him because after seeing my digitized logo he said he couldn’t stamp the leather with the small details I had drawn.
I was like, well, stamped logos made on vintage sweats long before we had men on the moon had more detail than my little logo. So I found several other sweat makers who said they could do it with no problem.
If I get a few clients having much more discerning taste I’ll ask my new sweat guy if he can get roan leather and if not I may call on Singer.

Your new sweatbands are gorgeous! They look like they’ll be a good match for restoration and custom projects. It’s a small detail that adds a lot of class.

Mighty44

One Too Many
That looks so top shelf!

I feel so official all of a sudden! :) View attachment 560385 View attachment 560388

hambone71

Practically Family

Excellent stuff there, Randall. It will be well worth the wait. Those sweats look fantastic!

Singer is great. He has always met his delivery dates. His prices and quality are top notch. It think his opening order is 6 dozen but it might not be a hard and fast quantity. I don't have mine stamped with logo but a fellow hatter here in Vancouver use Singer and has his stamped.
For this order I’m getting them from an Etsy source. Brent Hancock. These aren’t roan leather, but appear to be durable enough and look really nice.
Better than what I was getting from Sullivan.
And I didn’t use him because after seeing my digitized logo he said he couldn’t stamp the leather with the small details I had drawn.
I was like, well, stamped logos made on vintage sweats long before we had men on the moon had more detail than my little logo. So I found several other sweat makers who said they could do it with no problem.
If I get a few clients having much more discerning taste I’ll ask my new sweat guy if he can get roan leather and if not I may call on Singer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR