Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Re-Stock of Eastman Leather Clothing A-1 Jacket .50 Cal. Collection

HPA Rep

Vendor
All sizes 38R-48R are again in stock of what has become my favorite Eastman-made lightweight flying jacket. The vegetable-tanned capeskin's character, inherent properties of super-comfiness and durability, along with the perfected subtleties of the TimeWear process and classic styling, simply make this a standout jacket you will be drawn to continually.

Eastman remains the only ongoing manufacturer, to my knowledge, that actually owns a true, vintage A-1 from which their patterns have been meticulously copied. I am aware that Buzz Rickson's, and possibly Real McCoy's, have had access to a vintage A-1 that formed the basis of various permutations of this style in their changing A-1 offerings over the years, but deviations were made and these are not ongoing offerings, while other makers offer A-1's that are copied from photos, which is clearly not the same thing as having hands-on research material.

https://www.historypreservation.com/products-page/50-cal/eastman-usac-a-1-flying-jacket-50-cal/

A-1-50-cal-front.jpg
A-1-50-cal-back.jpg
A-1 50 Cal fr.jpg
A-1-50-Cal-slv-wo.jpg
_DSC0023adj2sm.jpg
_DSC0039adjsm.jpg
_DSC0044adjsm2.jpg
_DSC0049adjsm.jpg

HPA Rep

Vendor
I don't know much about the A-1, but that hide looks like the original. Although, I presume that is the current offering by Eastman?

Yup, this is what Eastman has been producing for nearly two years or so, Pea Coat. It's as good as it has ever been, and consistently so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran