Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Catch - Can you date it?

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Well, it looks like hell froze over and I may have actually found a suit on ebay, that will fit me, although the pants may end up a little short. If that happens at least I'll have the jacket; - I hope.

Anyhow, does anyone want to take a shot at guessing the vintage of this puppy? I'm thinking circa 1940-42, no later than 1945?

Here are the pictures from the auction.

attachment.php

View attachment 1141

Wild Root

Gone Home
Easy, the ...

Button stance is some what lower then a 30's or early 40's would be. The label is definitely late 40's or early 50's. Never the less, it's a killer DB suit in a really rare color and pattern! I love the windowpane on it!

If the pants are short, you can always let the hem all the way out! You may just have enough to French cuff them and retain the cuffed look. You won?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t know till you get it!

Congrats my friend! See, it just takes dedication in digging and searching to find the stuff! You did good friend, real good!;)

=WR=

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Yeah, I think you guys a right about the label. I really does look mid to late 40's, even early 50's. And the buttons do look a little low, although the lapel doesn't seem to roll over the button. But I think you're right. Probably 1945-50.

thanks

Robert Conway

kools

Practically Family
I can't get the suit link up, but...

This is what I just bought. It looks very similar to a blue double breasted suit I have that's dated 1951.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8384797034&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Condition looks great, and I'm pretty thin on brown suits...this will be my first brown gab. The suit is a Valentine's Day gift from my wife.

The lapels look very similar to my blue suit(even thought the blue suit has a one button closure), as do the pockets and the belt loops.

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Nice clean lines on that one. I wonder how pinched the waist is.

Yes, the one I grabbed is a unkown shade of brown with what appears to be a fine, blueish window-pane pattern. I'm eager to see it.

Wild Root

Gone Home
kools said:
This is what I just bought. It looks very similar to a blue double breasted suit I have that's dated 1951.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8384797034&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Condition looks great, and I'm pretty thin on brown suits...this will be my first brown gab. The suit is a Valentine's Day gift from my wife.

The lapels look very similar to my blue suit(even thought the blue suit has a one button closure), as do the pockets and the belt loops.

Oooh, nice suit there! You know, can never have enough good brown suits! I bought a coat from that seller once, I traded it to Matt Deckard for something a wile ago but, the coat was MINT! These guys are cheep and have good quality vintage! I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

Lets see some photos when you gents get these suits! I can't wait!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy