Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Refer madness!

Forgotten Man said:
Dankeschön! :)

I really worked hard on this little guy... I just have one problem with the fridge... I noticed that the light inside wasn't working... so, I figured it was a burned out bulb... I replaced the bulb... nope, that bulb didn't work either... I think there's some lose wires or something... not sure how to check them... I know nothing about refrigerators!

Any ideas gang?

Looks pretty darned good to me. Open it up and hand me a Cactus Cooler while you are in there. ;) :p
The wiring should be fairly simple to get to. There should be some kind of screwed down panel over it to get access. Before I did that though, I would check the socket itself. Sometimes those things get dirty inside and it affects the contact with the bulb. Make sure you unplug it or tape down the door switch before trying to clean the socket by the way. We don't want you getting a new hairstyle in the process. :eek: :eusa_doh: :D

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I'll take a look at it... shouldn't be too much of a problem... it may be the socket but, it might be the switch.

This fridge is kinda a big deal for me... I've always wanted a vintage fridge... but, not just any vintage fridge, I’ve always liked THIS one… it was a toss up between this model or a GE monitor top… but, those go for a lot of money and this was free and working! Now that I have one, I just want to stare at it, or find any reason to grab a snack out of it. lol And to think that I didn't have to shell out more then the cost of paint for it. I'm a very lucky guy.

Just need a 30s stove now... lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Forgotten Man said:

Go look on LA craigslist Household category ...there are 2 1930's stoves listed..one with todays date, the other on June 21.....one is $100..the other is $250.

Both are in South Pas....and 30's stoves are a 3 guys and a pickup truck heavy.....not 15 guys and a crane heavy like 40's ones.

Forgotten Man said:
I'll take a look at it... shouldn't be too much of a problem... it may be the socket but, it might be the switch.

This fridge is kinda a big deal for me... I've always wanted a vintage fridge... but, not just any vintage fridge, I’ve always liked THIS one… it was a toss up between this model or a GE monitor top… but, those go for a lot of money and this was free and working! Now that I have one, I just want to stare at it, or find any reason to grab a snack out of it. lol And to think that I didn't have to shell out more then the cost of paint for it. I'm a very lucky guy.

Very lucky indeed. Maybe you will see a 30s stove on the roadside on the way home from work with that kind of luck. ;) Or some one on the same street will be remodeling. :D

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Go look on LA craigslist Household category ...there are 2 1930's stoves listed..one with todays date, the other on June 21.....one is $100..the other is $250.

Both are in South Pas....and 30's stoves are a 3 guys and a pickup truck heavy.....not 15 guys and a crane heavy like 40's ones.

Oooooooh... are there? Hmmmm, good to know... I will take a look!

Yeah, 30s stoves aren't as heavy as the 40s or 50s ones for that matter! Not 15 guys and a crane heavy... lol So true!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Sweet Leilani said:
LOL- when you're diabetic, you don't have much choice! It sure beats Diet Coke- I just wish it came in glass bottles...

Yeah, Diet Coke is pond water... lol Coke Zero isn't half bad really... but, you know what I'd do? Well, I'd collect a few old bottles... mostly their only about 4-8 bucks at antique shops... find some good clean ones and then pour your Coke Zero into them... that's what I do some times. lol

My gosh, this thing is really working good... keeps everything nice and cold! And it runs ultra quiet!

Forgotten Man said:
Yeah, Diet Coke is pond water... lol Coke Zero isn't half bad really... but, you know what I'd do? Well, I'd collect a few old bottles... mostly their only about 4-8 bucks at antique shops... find some good clean ones and then pour your Coke Zero into them... that's what I do some times. lol

My gosh, this thing is really working good... keeps everything nice and cold! And it runs ultra quiet!

And if it gets hot out you can jump in it and cool off. ;) :p

zaika

One Too Many
Forgotten Man said:
Are you laughing at me or the fridge?

lol lol i'm laughing with joy...not at anyone or anything. i just think it's great that you got that rusty old thing to look so spectacular!

sorry! :p

D

DeaconKC

FM, anyone who has ever restored anything appreciates the dedication that job took. A hearty well done sir!

Forgotten Man said:
Ok, I read ya. ;)

Let it be said, that sanding by hand, and spraying on coats of primer and then, sanding, then wet sanding then, spraying on three coats of appliance enamel is no easy thing!

Geez, we certainly aren't alughing at you. I can feel the hand cramps just thinking about all that sanding. Then again, I would probably use a palm sander so I would just feel the vibration. ;) :p
Now you make me wish I still had my grandmother's old Kelvinator. :D

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Here it is the second day and running perfect! I have a nice 1940s ribbed glass pitcher with a glass lid on the top that sits inside... I keep water in it and when I have fresh oranges, I juice them and put the juice in that... also, I have some old milk bottles that I've cleaned out and I put milk in them... I also cut out some paper lids for them as well. lol I know, I'm a nerd!

I'm trying to keep things in this fridge that are vintage styled... and trying to eat whole foods... along the same lines as the 30s and 40s life styles.

Last night I bought a carton of Breyer's All Natural ice cream... that fits nicely into the small freezer! lol... with very little room for anything else... lol That's ok, cuz, I don't eat much frozen foods.

=R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy