Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

fathergoose

New in Town
In keeping with what appears to be a continuing trend..

RRL's take on the A-1

Meyers_Leather_Jacket_in_Two_Tone_0.jpg
I've asked Magnoli to make me a version of the new RRL Jopling Jacket, losing the epaulets along the way. There's no way to tell exactly what the RRL fit is like, whether it's long or short or fits like a military field jacket or what. The only pictures I could find had the coat on a hanger. But it's a great looking vintage style. So, looking forward to that.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whyyyyy? It was the BEST thing in the collection! Ok, I am a bad customer who doesn't buy the stuff at the full price. So I guess the guys with the money rather buy boring selvedge jeans.

Edward

Bartender
Mr.Randall on Denim Bro posted that the Red Wool Jacket we all loved in the fall LVC collection did not get picked up to be produced. As no retailers wanted to carry it.
http://www.denimbro.com/levis-vintage-clothing-lvc_topic47_page175.html

Bugger. I had my eye on that too. Does anyone actually buy Levis' stuff in their own (ime&o, overpriced) storefronts, as opposed to from their much more competitive, independent stockists? I suppose they must or they wouldn't be in business, but...

Mister Freedom FINALLY got an update on his homepage with a proper webshop
www.misterfreedom.com

Not that I could affort his stuff but browsing for eyecandy is easier now. ;)

Ha! Tell me about it. At least so much of it is astronomically north of what I could justify - little worse than something that's only £50-60 more than the upper ceiling of what you're really comfortable spending to taunt ya... ;) Shame... I like so much of what they do.

Edited to add: Jinkies.... at those prices you'd think they'd at least press the jackets before the photographed them. These all look like they've been curled up in a ball and sat on for a week....

Last edited:

flat-top

Mister Freedon's prices are insane, but having now handled the garments I can truthfully say that they are pretty remarkable. It's like being in a shop full of pristine, deadstock 1920's-30's clothing.
Edward, I think that stuff is "roughed up" for photoshoots for a rugged look. It all looked pretty perfect at the shop. I'm not sure who would go ditch digging in a pair of $500 pants, but what would I know...
:eeek:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I think the clothes are photographed that way too look natural. At Photoshop-ed ad preened to their last thread like a lot of items one see's on the net.
I enjoy looking at the stuff but like most here do not have the funds to buy an item but once a year. I look thru Mr. Freedom, LVS and RRL to see that one special item I would really love to get. I am glad they finally updated the site it needed a cleaner look. An as someone on Denim Bro pointed out the store hours are wrong. I have my wife do the copy editing for the websites I do. I would never trust myself.:D

Flat Foot Floey

Jinkies.... at those prices you'd think they'd at least press the jackets before the photographed them. These all look like they've been curled up in a ball and sat on for a week....
I guess it's due to the denim market with their obsession of faded creases, honeycombs and patina.[huh]
Or it is the the "oldstock" idea or it is because the do everything themselves and they are just a couple of boys.

The trend in vintage-looking (and, indeed, true vintage) menswear is still strongly angled at clothing that's a bit hobo, worn, faded, patched etc. They've finally got a market for all those destroyed old french workwear jackets. Most stalls in London, knackered garments will cost more than the exact same pristine example.

I suspect that this underpins the photography.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters