Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GranadaGuy617 said:
The Collars look right...never mind the short sleeved ones. I like the Chambray one very much myself. What do you guys think?
Dickies are great for more of a Greaser look, or dare I say, actual, ahem...work! But they don't hold a candle to something like this:
sc23212_thumb.jpg

It's all about the details!

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Oh I know!
If there was a US Importer of all these Japanese "vintage repop" companies...that could bring all this vintage swell-ness to the West. Do you guys and gals think the customer base would be welcoming? Vintage work wear is something of a cottage industry, but it seems to be catching on in the mainstream right? I was looking at Bootleggers Reunion tonight...and they have a complete list of all the Japanese vintage companies.

http://www.amebon.com/itemlist.php?id=boot

My question to you is...as a consumer would you buy this stuff if it was readily available in the US? What would be needed as a consumer to buy these shirts, trousers, jackets, and boots?

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Ralph Laurens Double RL Company

I've heard great things about their work shirts, DinerMans got one of them. And it looks great! The line is now no longer made...which seriously sucks. Anyone know where they can be had online?

flat-top

GranadaGuy617 said:
I've heard great things about their work shirts, DinerMans got one of them. And it looks great! The line is now no longer made...which seriously sucks. Anyone know where they can be had online?
There are a few RRL shops in NYC. I spend no money when I visit them, but I DO lose my mind.

Feraud

Bartender
The Dickies chambray shirt is great for the price.

The RL workshirts are cool. I have three or four of them. RL makes them in a few different patterns.

JCrew makes a workshirt and are in stores now. They sell for around a hundred bucks. I wish the collar had a better shape.

The Levis shirt is my new favorite. Much nicer in detail than the JCrew and a quarter of the price!

flat-top

Feraud said:
JCrew makes a workshirt and are in stores now. They sell for around a hundred bucks. I wish the collar had a better shape.
I actually got the JCrew shirt at one of their outlets for under $60!

flat-top

Looking at the HPA site earlier http://www.historypreservation.com/hpassociates/sugarcane_2.php
I found myself drawn to this:
sc_blplaid_thumb.jpg

Very basic for sure, but a great classic look for fall with a work cap and some denim. It's sold out, but it's by Sugar Cane so one can only imagine how much it was going for.
Then today at Urban Outfitters, I found this:
IMG_28602.jpg

Anchor buttons:
IMG_2862.jpg

Fully lined with 2 side slash pockets.
And it was only $5!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy