Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Today...

Picked up 2 Chambray workshirts, and a brown HBT SB vest...pictures to come! I couldn't find any chinstrap collars, ones got something like a spread collar and the other has a pin point. I love this vest, and to think all found at Target lol.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Sold!
Vintage-1910s-20s-Mens-Flannel-CHINSTRAP-WORK-SHIRT_W0QQitemZ190313120374QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GranadaGuy617 said:
Picked up 2 Chambray workshirts, and a brown HBT SB vest...pictures to come! I couldn't find any chinstrap collars, ones got something like a spread collar and the other has a pin point. I love this vest, and to think all found at Target lol.
There is a pretty good chambray shirt at Target, by Converse. Cool pockets, and "cut off" epaulets. I'm sure I'll eventually get one.
I did actually just pick up, from their Mossimo label, a pair of railroad pants. Not bad for $24.99.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I got a converse one-star shirt from target. Promptly cut off all the tags and the label with the converse grommets on the back.

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Feraud said:
haha, I saw that shirt and thought about doing the same thing. :)

It's very easy to do and leaves no marks or darker spots. Took me all of about 2 minutes with a razor blade. I'm very happy with it, especially for under $25.

Feraud

Bartender
Just to update... I think it was in this thread that I commented on the quality of the Dickies chambray shirt. Well the shirt tends to pill up after a few washings..

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
This is what I dressed in today :

Brown Herring Bone 4Pocket Vest

Blue and white Chambray Workshirt

Tweed Cap

Army Wool Trousers I think 1937 Pattern not sure, No QM tag also worn with an army trouser belt.

PICT3.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
I got a converse one-star shirt from target. Promptly cut off all the tags and the label with the converse grommets on the back.

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Based on this review and these pics, I stopped at Bon Target last night and picked up a couple of shirts, this one included. Wow! Nice shirt! Needless to say, the Converse stuff came off before it went into the wash. I think I have a new favorite shirt....:D

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Dinerman,

I just had another thought...tell us about that chain, and the watch I assume to be on the other end of it.....

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Mossyrock said:
Dinerman,
I just had another thought...tell us about that chain, and the watch I assume to be on the other end of it.....

It's connected to a 20-some year old USSR made Pobeda. Nothing particularly special, but it's a solidly built mechanical watch. I find it much more convenient to wear my watch in a shirt pocket than in a pants pocket.

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
It's connected to a 20-some year old USSR made Pobeda. Nothing particularly special, but it's a solidly built mechanical watch. I find it much more convenient to wear my watch in a shirt pocket than in a pants pocket.

Very reasonable... I broke the crystal on a watch wearing it in my "watch pocket".

How is that chain connected on the button end?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Mossyrock said:
Very reasonable... I broke the crystal on a watch wearing it in my "watch pocket".

How is that chain connected on the button end?

It has a spring loaded ring on the end of the watch chain, along the lines of this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy