Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ribbon Curling

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Greetings been a while since I have asked a question here. How does one go about keeping the edge of the ribbon from starting to curl or what is the problem causing this? It's one of my more $$ lids and the ribbon is cotton rayon blend 1 15/16th from what I can tell. The maker is a sponsor here. It is a replica of the Bruce Willis Last Man Standing beauty.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Good to see you again WC, I don't remember how long ago the hat was made but it's been a while. I tell people hats are like cars, they need there oil changed every once in a while so why not send it back for a cleaning and blocking? It sounds like over time the felt has shrunk just enough to make the ribbon pucker.

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Good to see you again WC, I don't remember how long ago the hat was made but it's been a while. I tell people hats are like cars, they need there oil changed every once in a while so why not send it back for a cleaning and blocking? It sounds like over time the felt has shrunk just enough to make the ribbon pucker.
Hi Art that is exactly what I think I am going to do. I thought I could handle it here but it's too much a work of ART ;) for me to tackle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy