Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rolled up

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I heard this pic made some people cringe so I thought I'd show it again.

Graphiteroll1-vi.jpg

Grapjite2-vi.jpg

Michaelson

One Too Many
Looks exactly like the Borsalino 'Traveler' I saw at Peters Brothers last August. Rolls up JUST like that. Regards. Michaelson

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Easy to roll up just about any soft felt hat. If it is the right hat it comes back with no problem. Just don't leave any creases on the brim.

I wouldn't want to try it with the thicker models. I do it with my vintage hats off and on to get a rise out of onlookers.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I'd say I could do it with my vintage Borsalino and Royal Stetson.....but I believe I'll just take your word for it, Matt.:eek: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I don't do it with fresh stiffer out of the box hats either... I do it with ones that have been broken in.

There is that one hat that was brand new which I remember seeing the ad showing the guy crush it and I thought what the heck. It turned out fine too even though it was stiffer than most I have rolled.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I'll admit, I DID try it once with a newer fedora a few years back, just to see what would happen. I about had a heart attack!:confused: Fortunately, I got it reblocked to it's original condition.:rolleyes: Like you say, it works best with a hat that's well broken in. Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Yes, he could. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall to hear you explain to Art just HOW your bowler got that way, though.:D ;) Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Sorry. Matt used that one in a post today describing HIS hat being crushed at the family Thanksgiving gathering. You'll have to find another one for Art. :rolleyes: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24