Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Diego Leather Factory

I "won" a black SD Leather Factory (used) A2 on Ebay last week.. If I had purchased it first I would have been very satisfied but.....I picked it up as I purchased a Schott A2 in brown and wanted to add a black one but did not want to spend the Schoo level money. So for $60 and Ebay I now have a black A2. The SD Leather is okay but nothing like the Schott. But then new they are probably 1/2 the price and the quality reflects that fact. It is a decent jacket that I will wear but will begin saving my pennies to add a Schott or better A2 in black sometime in the future.

zebedee

One Too Many
The LW website approaches a bargain-basement elegiac beauty at times. Check out the blurb beneath the cowboy shirts. I'm quite keen to see a LW jacket first-hand as people seem to rate them highly (also, I think ykurtz had a stunning-looking one that made me re-think my objections to double-breasted leather jackets). I would have been a Lost Worlds customer had it not been for the accidental campness of the website (and the missiles and pitbulls).

Yes, I believe that is their website. It is the one that is linked to the google search for SD Leather Factory. My Ebay win is an Alaskan Airlines jacket worn by a pilot. I am not versed enough to tell the diff thickness of the SD Leather. It is def thinner than my Schott and in my estimation a little thicker than say half the thickness of the Schott. It is decent and the full retail is not a bad price either. I think though I would be happier with a good used Schott over a used SD.

They don't look bad at all, the jackets on the San Diego Leather Factory size, at least not for the money they're asking, albeit the photos are really terrible as well as the entire presentation of the site.

The LW website approaches a bargain-basement elegiac beauty at times. Check out the blurb beneath the cowboy shirts.

Oh dear God... Also, a quote by Ralph Lauren immediately followed by a rabid rant - one of approximately one thousand to be found on the website - on how horrible fashion is, truly is priceless. I doubt anyone other the people the site whines about would ever buy one of these cowboy shirts, especially the one with pre-installed bib.

AIRCRAFTMECH

New in Town
I have a SD leather B3, it's 17 years old and seen lots of abuse-still a beautiful jacket with no signs of letting up. That said, their web sight pic is the same as 17 years ago when I was on aol v2.0. I hate buying substantial items without feeling the quality in my hands!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
T

Oh dear God... Also, a quote by Ralph Lauren immediately followed by a rabid rant - one of approximately one thousand to be found on the website - on how horrible fashion is, truly is priceless. I doubt anyone other the people the site whines about would ever buy one of these cowboy shirts, especially the one with pre-installed bib.

Blimey, I forgot how awful he was. That's a real stream-of-stupidity! I read out the bib-front blurb to my other half and she laughed her head off. I'm not sure if it was intentionally funny... Mind you, once you start reading them, it's hard to stop. So much time and effort put into something so unnecessary.

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Blimey, I forgot how awful he was. That's a real stream-of-stupidity! I read out the bib-front blurb to my other half and she laughed her head off. I'm not sure if it was intentionally funny... Mind you, once you start reading them, it's hard to stop. So much time and effort put into something so unnecessary.

I just read that.
As you know, I happily defend the quality of Stu's leather work based on the quality of the jacket I bought, but that shirt, 'dead serious and dead elegant'? Really? You think so? 'Get a new She'? I don't think I'll be depriving my kids of a mother over a shirt...

I tried to read the descriptions for his other two cowboy shirts, but the text and back-ground color combinations almost gave me a seizure!!! (@_@)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR