Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scala Durango and Scala Cypress hats

Pyramid Jones

Familiar Face
Does anybody know anything about these hats or have any pictures? I am debating which one I want to buy. I f you could give me some help with the color I would be grateful too. I am looking for a hat similar to the one Dr.Zahi Hawass wears and this is what I came down to.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does anybody know anything about these hats or have any pictures? I am debating which one I want to buy. I f you could give me some help with the color I would be grateful too. I am looking for a hat similar to the one Dr.Zahi Hawass wears and this is what I came down to.

:eek:fftopic: He (Hawass) got a year in prison today!

Stay away from wool- bad mojo! Demand 100% Fur Felt!

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
I also recommend you stay away from wool hats. I realize the price is right. Wait until you can buy a fur felt hat.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
096b24_c4_p1_550x550.jpg

Scala Cypress

http://www.sheplers.com/hats/wool_felt_hats/096b24.html

Not hard to find with google. $39.95 wool hat nothing special at all.
You would be better to get a Akubra hat the real Downunder hat.
Here is the cattleman one simular in style to the cypress.
cattleman-fawn-large.jpg

http://hatsdirect.com/index.html

DRB

One Too Many
It is a sharp looking hat. Wool is great if that is your priceline. Not everyone that wears a hat wears an expensive hat.

I think you should seriously consider staying away from wool as it will shrink and distort in the rain. After all, a hat should be made to protect us from the rain. Take the advice of the guys above. If money now, save it up and buy something in fur that will withstand the elements. Akubras are VERY sturdy rabbit hats, at a nice price.

Kick it up a notch and go fur. You will be glad you did...Dennis

Word of the day: treat your brothers and sisters nice. Karma does exist.

fmw

One Too Many
The hat that interests you looks a lot like the Akubra Snowy River which is an excellent hat.

1611fwn_detail.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael