Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scut Farkus...Style Icon?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, THAT Scut Farkus--the bully from "A Christmas Story".
Check out that killer leather jacket. Or his USN or work dungarees and fingerless gloves (not seen in this pic).
I'm not sure about that cap though....
farkus2.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
flat-top said:
You're right! I corrected my original post. And after watching that movie for over 20 years I never knew that!

I remember because on another board that has some stuff about that movie on it, someone else made a post with "Scott" (he said it was a simple typo since his brother's name is Scott) but everyone just came unglued that someone had made such an egregious error.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Don't forget his crummy little toady, Grover Dill!! "In the jungle of Kid-dom, you were either a bully, a toady, or one of the nameless rabble of victims."

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
That hat

I saw this great flick on Christmas Eve for the first time in a few years. Amazing how many details there are to notice, even after many viewings. What really caught my attention was THE HAT. It's obviously supposed to be a variation on a coon skin cap, but as I look at it again, I wonder if it's meant to look like a hat made from a CAT skin!?

Anthony K

Familiar Face
I saw this great flick on Christmas Eve for the first time in a few years. Amazing how many details there are to notice, even after many viewings. What really caught my attention was THE HAT. It's obviously supposed to be a variation on a coon skin cap, but as I look at it again, I wonder if it's meant to look like a hat made from a CAT skin!?

I could definitely see it being a cat skin, being that he is the scourage of the neighborhood. I wouldn't put it past him to get his kicks by torturing cats and other animals. He likes to prey on the little and weak. Either that or maybe it's a cap made out of red fox fur?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner