Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Corto

A-List Customer
Johanna said:
One more!
836_969-sword-swallower.jpg
I think this one is my favorite. Love it!

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
Hi Folks,
Please forgive the cross post! I posted this in the Hats forum as an introduction (my first post) and it was suggested this might be a better place to post the photo's.:eek:

One of my passions is photography and the style I am most passionate about is the late 30's and early 40's works of MGM Studio Stills photographers George Hurrell and C.S. Bull. I've been working on recreating this style with modern lighting and camera equipment for about a year now.

A few of my recent shots that you may enjoy/appreciate!

1608778303_b5ede50f64_o.jpg

1478669045_c29a97d89e_o.jpg

375829674_4373cd2f54_o.jpg

440399558_94df4e89bd_o.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
B R A N D X® said:
Hi Folks,
Please forgive the cross post! I posted this in the Hats forum as an introduction (my first post) and it was suggested this might be a better place to post the photo's.:eek:

One of my passions is photography and the style I am most passionate about is the late 30's and early 40's works of MGM Studio Stills photographers George Hurrell and C.S. Bull. I've been working on recreating this style with modern lighting and camera equipment for about a year now.

A few of my recent shots that you may enjoy/appreciate!

1608778303_b5ede50f64_o.jpg

1478669045_c29a97d89e_o.jpg

375829674_4373cd2f54_o.jpg

440399558_94df4e89bd_o.jpg
Hey, BRANDX, Sorry I did not mean to make you think you should not have posted them in hats, just that everyone looks here for this stuff and would probably love to see these !:D :eek: :D

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Indycop is right! These are fantastic, BRANDX! Absolutely beautiful! You have captured the style. Show us more! :eusa_clap

Lady Day! I love your caricatures! You said these were a cartoon. As in a strip? Something I'll see on TV to end my mourning of the passing of Animaniacs? ;) Keep them coming! I laugh and smile at each one. (There was a specific word I wanted to use to describe it, somewhere between quaint and hilarious (no, not humorous - better than that), but it only got halfway into my brain and then retreated before I could catch it. :D)

Johanna! Your most recent work has a style I can't pinpoint. I've seen artwork like this somewhere, but I can't remember where. Excellent work. :)

Amateis! Congratulations! Let us know when it's published. :)

Tons of fantastic art and photography here. This is my favorite thread.

Lee

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MrNewportCustom said:
Lady Day! I love your caricatures! You said these were a cartoon. As in a strip? Something I'll see on TV to end my mourning of the passing of Animaniacs? ;) Keep them coming! I laugh and smile at each one. (There was a specific word I wanted to use to describe it, somewhere between quaint and hilarious (no, not humorous - better than that), but it only got halfway into my brain and then retreated before I could catch it. :D)

Lee

Im putting together a site of the clothes that I make, just to have a collection, and I decided to spruce it up with some cartoons of me. Its just a fun little project. Now I have to take pics of the clothes...!

LD

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
indycop said:
Hey, BRANDX, Sorry I did not mean to make you think you should not have posted them in hats, just that everyone looks here for this stuff and would probably love to see these !:D :eek: :D

No worries! I appreciate the suggesion to post in this part of the forum!

And thanks to all who commented on my photo's.....I have many more and will post others at some point!:)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It needs some final tweaking, but I knocked the majority of it out yesterday.
I need to re-paint the sputnik, and parts of the sky.
IMG_4540-1.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Quigley: Your work is nothing short of amusing and amazing. I stared at these two for quite a time, smiling the whole while. Great work! :)

MissHannah: Very interesting photography! I like what I see in your work. Very nice. :)

Dinerman: Great work as always. I can't wait to see it finished. :)

ShannonMB: You and your husband are doing a bang-up job re-creatnig vintage era photographs. :)

Lady Day: You leave the photographers' eyes to me! ;) The artists' eyes you've got are just fine. Your drawings started off great and just keep getting better. Thank you for yet another smile. :)

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic