Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
aboutthelady.jpg

LD
aw, you even cartoonized your puppy!

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
MrNewportCustom said:
Quigley: Your work is nothing short of amusing and amazing. I stared at these two for quite a time, smiling the whole while. Great work! :)

MissHannah: Very interesting photography! I like what I see in your work. Very nice. :)

Dinerman: Great work as always. I can't wait to see it finished. :)

ShannonMB: You and your husband are doing a bang-up job re-creatnig vintage era photographs. :)

Lady Day: You leave the photographers' eyes to me! ;) The artists' eyes you've got are just fine. Your drawings started off great and just keep getting better. Thank you for yet another smile. :)

Lee

Thanks! It's really quite easy to do if you have Photoshop.

Flieger

Practically Family
My latest work: The first Grumman Goose used by the Avalon Air Transport - This one is going on the cover of Dick Probert's memoirs.

CataIina_Goose_s.jpg

/F

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
Thanks! It's really quite easy to do if you have Photoshop.

I've had Photoshop 7 for years, but I'm just now learning how to use it. (I'll upgrade when I can afford it.) I posted my first non-lesson photo earlier in this thread.

I'll also have my digital SLR (a Nikon D40x) in a couple weeks, when my tax refund comes in. Then I'll start having a lot of fun! :)

Lee

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Film can transcend into art, but this is more of a "nothing better to do" kind of film. I explained the film to some members here, and one of them nearly choked on their beverage laughing.
Here's Lobster's Day Out

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
More smiles from Lady Day. :)

I've been experimenting with my D-PNS in preparation for my D-SLR. I shot this behind where I work. I underexposed by two-thirds of a stop and set the camera's white balance to incandesant. Then I adjusted the contrast using curves in Photoshop.

Going Home.
StockClouds025-25.jpg

Lee

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
ShannonMB said:
40sme.jpg

This is a two-fer. 1) I just bought the hat from Ebay...and 2) my husband and I have been working on recreating some vintage-esque photographs.

Well done! Nice toning to the image. Have you guys tried any grunge brushes in photoshop to add a wet border or scratch here and there?

Here's the kind of effect you can create, if desired, with a bit of grunge work:

1849175382_6f628d4d92_o.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
"My etchings"

{I posted this separately and then saw this specific link. Sorry for overdoin' it.}

Here's a few in a series of homages to some of my favorite blues artists. I've developed a unique style of highlighting when I do these illustrations (the Stevie Ray is traditional watercoler, however). Also, I've made giclee art reproductions of several of these. Just haven't gotten around to trying to show them in a gallery or promote them for sale locally. I'm in no rush - just like to draw them. Seems like the hat theme recurs fairly regularly among this crowd. Enjoy.
Eric.jpg

Eric Clapton tunes up

BG.jpg

Buddy Guy acoustic highlights

JohnLee.jpg

John Lee Hooker in Homburg and shades

Ray.jpg

Ray Charles collage

Taj.jpg

Taj Mahal and National Steel

SRV.jpg

Stevie Ray Vaughan posessed

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Ok - this isn't my own artwork, but that of my seven-year-old daughter. She has an amazing talent to look at something and recreate it with paper and pencil.

Here's her latest: Donald Duck. She looked at a DVD cover and drew this. I actually had to compare the two to convince myself that she hadn't traced it! (And she definitely didn't!)

DonaldResized1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart