Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Grand Canyon, Thanksgiving weekend.

16b3ae9d.jpg

Room with a View

Lee

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
fatwoul said:
Well, I kinda saw it like this:

The biggest tree trunk lies on a third, and leads down to the baby deer, and the white flash of the baby's tail lies on a third up from the bottom of the image, which is where the brown grass ends too.

The adult deer doesn't lie on any of the thirds of the entire image, but when you think of the big tree and the brown grass as framing the centre-left third:

MissBrill03.jpg

The adult deer's tail and neck lie on thirds, with its white ears crossing on another third.

...I'm so glad I don't have Asperger Syndrome. I'd probably see little white composition lines on everything. lol

Goodness! For a brief moment I thought it was a gun crosshair!:eek:

Curt Chiarelli

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
This was fun

I did storyboards for a commercial and I finally got the final and matched stills to the boards. They followed the boards fairly faithfully. Its always cool to see the comparison. :)

LD

Excellent boards, Shelley! Quite frankly, I think your compositions should have been adhered to more closely by the cinematographer because they're more dynamic! :)

fatwoul said:
...I'm so glad I don't have Asperger Syndrome. I'd probably see little white composition lines on everything. lol
Be nice, you do have at least one Asperger case in your midst, although the "additional overlaid imagery" I see is mainly targeting reticles, projected ground-tracks with intercept and evasion courses relative to same, and all kinds of other technical/tactical stuff...* just trying to put together all the data my mind projects onto my field-of-view could almost be a kind of "modern art" itself! :eek:

And here you all wondered what my deal was...:p lol

*Quick visualization: try to imagine looking at the world through the heads-up display of a modern fighter aircraft.

Corto

A-List Customer
sweetfrancaise said:
That's really moving--I love his hands!

Thank you!

I had the worst time with his hands.
I copied it from a 1896 black and white photo of an armored cruiser gun crew.
His hands were obscured, so I had to wing it.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I took this one a couple weeks ago, and I smile every time I see it, for some reason. I had to lighten it to be able to see the cow & silo, so the sky vanished, but I loves it:
2104053715_9fecd26f61.jpg

One of my few portraits:
375923404_6c30725a59.jpg

The skyline that is my usual desktop wallpaper:
1955601111_4cff4814b2.jpg

This was taken through the windshield, and you can see the crack in it, and the antenna:
1955175739_c50a877b27.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
A few Photos

1138209517_ffc1109d95.jpg

A Farm, Shenandoah Valley, VA - Aug 2004

1138184151_711b1adccc.jpg

Rainbow, Shenandoah Valley, VA - Dec 2004

1138210729_891a0625c9.jpg

Dusk, Shenandoah Valley, VA - Dec 2004

1133374312_5567a9179f.jpg

Morning, Mist on Lake, Deer, Crow Ranch, TX