Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Porkpies

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
just got my Porkies back!!

I've just collected my 2 Porkies from a local Milliner here in Leicester... Annie at Millinery Matters, ... who swapped the bow over to the left side on my Christy's, and fastened wind trolleys to that and the Heisenberg, inspired by Stoney's post... http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?27690-Installing-Wind-Cords, but instead of the inner button, used a piece of hat felt to attach the cord inside the hat... RESULT!! :)

Christy's trolley.jpg Heisenberg trolley.jpg

Last edited:

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
HELL YEAH!! here's my latest Porkpie from Bob at Black Sheep Hat Works..... notice the 'split' back bow and the vintage wind trolley with a sliding button... will post more when it arrives, as these pics were taken by Bob.....Many thanks.. OUTSTANDNG!! :eusa_clap

Page-1-Image-2.jpg Page-1-Image-3.jpg Page-2-Image-4.jpg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
I'm a newbie, really liking the porkpie look. Lots to explore. The closest I come so far is this Biltmore 1 1/2" diamond-crown stingy, which I like brim-up. A real pie should have an oval crown, correct? I'm thinking of going and getting a felt one even though it's still August!

pork1b.jpg

pork2b.jpg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks Loz, you're giving me confidence. I'm new at this, but porkies have always looked so cool. That Black Sheep looks exquisite! The wind cord and wide ribbon, wow!

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
one piece of advice that I took to heart when I started wearing 'real' hats as opposed to baseball caps was, wear the hat, don't let the hat wear you.... the time will come when you'll put on a hat, and not even think about how it sits, because it has become a part of who you are... so enjoy it, and ROCK THAT HAT...
:cool:

GregNYC

One Too Many
I'm beginning to look into felt pork pies. I might have one to show tomorrow!! I want a few. I have an ebay find coming, and might commission a custom one of these days. More news tomorrow! I was thinking of a Borsalino Piccolo reblocked into a pork pie. Pork Pie Hatters has their own line which looks pretty good too. Any other retail suggestions? Biltmore? Christie's?

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
personally, I'd go the custom route... there is nothing quite like a custom hat, and there are a lot of insanely great custom hatters to choose from... I have 2 customs, both of which are featured in this thread.... go on, spoil yourself!! :D

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A day of August with some very weird changements in the sky. Suuny, black and grey clouds and now again sun shine in the sky.
This is the right time for my English pork pie. Jll Corbett is the hatter.
295wt8x.jpg
It is made of canvas and the fancy color is for Italian evening parties :eek:
2llgkrk.jpg
People in the street ask where I bought this old fashioned hat. They like it, more youngs dudes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner