Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

miss_killin

Familiar Face
Ladies you are incredible! May I please borrow the amount of talent in one of your fingers? I am 5'10" and find it increasingly difficult to find clothes to fit me properly, even more so after having my son. Maybe I should look into picking up a machine and some patterns and give it a whirl! [huh]

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
miss_killin is right, you ladies sure have a way with a sewing machine and patterns, fantastic! :eusa_clap

I've been fascinated with fascinators for sometime now. I whipped this one up this evening. I love, love, love peacock feathers.

IMG_3334.jpg
IMG_3338.jpg

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Thanks ladies! This was really easy to make, I can't wait to make another and improve my technique a bit. I am planning on using pheasant feathers as I think they will look nice with my hair as well.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
HOLY MOLY! TDF Lauren!:eek:
The details on that blouse are just amazing.

Lauren said:
Finished a couple of projects I had laying around for a while. Yay!
From this pattern
blouse08.jpg

blouse04.jpg

blouse07.jpg

And I don't have a pic of this pattern, but it's an early 30s one. I've had it sitting around for four years! It's about time I finished it!
dress4.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
Just finished this.

No Pattern, i just copied the parts from a dress belonging to my mum when she was 21.

I didnt need to take the dress apart, i just put the tracing paper on top of it and followed the seams.

I still need to improve thou but I am very happy with it.
i made it in a fabric that is very similar to Crepp. the colors are black and a very light green that actually from far away looks like some sort of cream.

The price of the fabric was a steal, 1 Euro per mt for the green one and 3 E for the black.
DSC00480.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
maggiethespy said:
Simplicity 3673 in twill that I got for $1.50 a yard! Took me about 4 hours to make-- I love it!
joanhollowaydress003-1.jpg

Super dress, and only 4 hours thats fun, it suits you great.

Cara b the feathes really look superb on your hair.

Lorena B great dress

you galls make such beautifull things

Idledame

Practically Family
Wow, Lorena B, very impressive, without a pattern or directions! Good going! Looks great. Lauren, what you do is always so impressive. You must have SO much patience. The details are always just amazing. Every new outfit I make I say I'm going to be patient and try to make it perfect and end up saying " oh well, good enough " when I really should be ripping out my sewing and redoing it. You're all inspiring. I need to start all my planned projects.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I finished the last of the vintage sewing projects I had waiting! Yay! Now I can make something new :)
dress6.jpg

dress7.jpg

It was from this pattern that I sold a while back to JtCarrey.
l_bdff9b54d407414da18be2cffe0c26ed.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
That is great!!! i also like it!!!

I should take suit and do finish or fix some stuff i have lying around.

Well, it can only help me to improve sewing ( and most importantly), get out of sight the bundle of clothes to fix. He,he,he.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Everyone has been making such lovely things!

Lauren, I have the pattern that your yellow dress is from. Yours came out darling. How is the pattern to work with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara