Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Amy Jeanne said:
4755_92337229163_624014163_1959484_8081511_n.jpg

4635_88772109163_624014163_1907752_8237066_n.jpg

The very top above the bust is HUGE, though. I also wish my buttons were whiter, but I found them in the drawers of my grandmother's 1938 Kenmore in what looked to be a 1950s cookie tin. So possible vintage buttons!!

Amy Jeanne, did you do all the boning in this? I have this on my to make list in a plaid floral polished cotton.

Lorena B I LOVE that!!! What pattern did you use?

SayCici

Practically Family
Excellent dress Amy Jeanne! Lorena I love all of the tropical fabrics you've been using, and that outfit is too great - I love the two ties! :]

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lorena B said:
This is my last project.
I cant stop thinking in Carmen Miranda each time i look at it lol
As i got some fabric left i might go for the shorts but, i think, i am sorted with Hawaiian or tropical styles for a whilelol
DSC01022.jpg

OH MY GOSH! That is SO cute! What pattern did you use?

Amy Jeanne, I love your green dress! I saw that pattern and was wondering how it made up. Looks lovely!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone!

CherryRed said:
Amy Jeanne, did you do all the boning in this? I have this on my to make list in a plaid floral polished cotton.

Nope, I didn't use the boning or the interfacing and it came out fine. I thought the interfacing would be too much for something I plan to wear in the heat!!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Thank you gals:)

The top is like the yellow dress, i followed the same procedures, just traced a similar top like it and i added a waistband which just ends it a tie up.
As this is my frugal year and cant spent too much in patterns i tried out tracing out on top of cloths and is actually a good way to make your own patterns
The skirt thou is from the Advance4147.
Fabric was a bonus for my budget, only 5 Euro per metre!!!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ok, I just went back and re-read! Haha! :) Kudos to you for drafting off the top you had! I love the idea of making a band that ties! I've made crop tops that like to... travel north... so that would keep them in place. Great idea!

Shirin

A-List Customer
Ooooo Amy, your dress turned out fabulous!:eusa_clap I just got that pattern a few weeks ago and just found the cherry print I want to make it in. Love the color choice and what a relief that you can produce this dress without boning. I don't have any experience with boning!

SayCici

Practically Family
3633656419_ce5d193a2f.jpg

Sorry it's not a full pic! This was my first dress and vintage pattern - I've only had a few sewing lessons so far, making aprons and an easy pair of shorts. Lots of mistakes were made and I had to change the waistband, but I like it! :]

Pattern:
3623000253_669b6f932c.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This is my husband's Father's Day present. KwikSew 3484 is a great pattern for copying RTW bowling shirts like DaVinci and Steady.
3636869086_d67e50e61b.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
i LOVE that kamikat! my hubby wears those shirts and he's TALL and BIG so making them for him has long been a thought - thanks for the heads on the pattern!

it looks great and I bet your hubby will love it!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
i LOVE that kamikat! my hubby wears those shirts and he's TALL and BIG so making them for him has long been a thought - thanks for the heads on the pattern!

it looks great and I bet your hubby will love it!
It goes up to a XXL, 52 chest, but I think it's a bit bigger than RTW. DH wears L in DaVinci shirts and I think I could have made the medium.

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
It goes up to a XXL, 52 chest, but I think it's a bit bigger than RTW. DH wears L in DaVinci shirts and I think I could have made the medium.

That's perfect. And my local fabric haunt carries those patterns. i have to go this weekend so I'll look for it. those RTW shirts are so over priced and I don't know about your hubby, but mine is tough on his clothes and it's so hard to find vintage or even vintage repro's in his size/height.

I got lucky and happened to find him a late 50's vintage Sears black leather motorcycle jacket in a 46L for a great price - a bit snug if he zips it but perfect elsewhere. good incentive to drop another 20 lbs if he just would give up sugar ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
That's perfect. And my local fabric haunt carries those patterns. i have to go this weekend so I'll look for it. those RTW shirts are so over priced and I don't know about your hubby, but mine is tough on his clothes and it's so hard to find vintage or even vintage repro's in his size/height.
My husband is trim (not thin, not chunky) and is a bit OCD about keeping his clothes in good shape, but he runs hot and his office has poorly working AC. Those RTW shirts are all polyester. I hope the cotton will keep him more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara