Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous things that you girls have been posting here!!

Those blouses are ace and i love that bag LD
Ohairas, those shoes are great!!
I havent been doing much sewing for ages as i am doing some pattern making studies and getting my drivers license ( practice now)
But i have done a couple of things, nothing mayor but i am happy how they came out.

!940's jacket
003.jpg

And the walk away dress but with an evening twist so i could wear it to the High Rockabilly, i love how it came out and i must say i had lots of compliments from both women and men
013.jpg

I put a golden lurex nylon lining there that was quite a headache to get right but the final product looks swell
015.jpg

For the buttons i put some lucite confetti ones so it gives it more vintage look.

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
013.jpg

I put a golden lurex nylon lining there that was quite a headache to get right but the final product looks swell
015.jpg

For the buttons i put some lucite confetti ones so it gives it more vintage look.[/QUOTE]

That dress is just to die for!!!

Antje

One Too Many
Lorena B said:
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous things that you girls have been posting here!!

Those blouses are ace and i love that bag LD
Ohairas, those shoes are great!!
I havent been doing much sewing for ages as i am doing some pattern making studies and getting my drivers license ( practice now)
But i have done a couple of things, nothing mayor but i am happy how they came out.

!940's jacket
003.jpg

And the walk away dress but with an evening twist so i could wear it to the High Rockabilly, i love how it came out and i must say i had lots of compliments from both women and men
013.jpg

015.jpg

For the buttons i put some lucite confetti ones so it gives it more vintage look.

You did an awsome job on this one, totally fabulous

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks gals, you all are a sweet. I made a black one some time ago, and decided to make this one.
IMG_0448.jpg

I really like both of them.
Kitty_S, it is a clutch.

I may make one in navy as well :)

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
It's not vintage, but I think it may have solved my pencil skirt problem. I've always felt pencil skirts aren't practical for stay-at-home moms. This one is a pencil skirt in front, flare in back. There's enough room in the back for a normal, comfortable stride, sitting cross legged on the floor and most heavy cleaning chores. I have several vintage overblouse-style of tops (basically, a blouse with a shaped hem meant to be not tucked in)patterns that will go nicely with this skirt.
KwikSew 3494
3998303197_731f771e34.jpg

3999064940_ab83658e72.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
Kamikat, that skirt is super cute and flattering! I'm amazed at how full it is in the back, but you can't see the fullness at all from the front. I'm not one for the "wiggle" look personally, but I might try out this pattern because like you said, it's the perfect compromise. Thanks for sharing!

zombi

A-List Customer
kamikat -- I agree with Snookie, what a great compromise! It's amazing how you can't see all that fullness from the front :eek: I'm somewhat mystified!

Inky

One Too Many
Lovely things everyone!

LadyDay those purses are terrific! Thanks for posting the instructions - I'd love to make a red and black wool one!

Lorena your walkaway dress is one of the prettiest I've seen! well done!!

Ohairas
- those those are AMAZING! they look absolutely couture!

Kamikat - that just may be the perfect skirt! I love how it's a pencil in front with the ease of movement of the gores in the back! Added it to my "must buy" list as i love wearing skirts!!

I'd show you all what I made tonight but it's too disgusting to show off ;) I made a hair rat out of fake hair covered with my own hair. EWWWW is right. But with my crazy red hair, it was the only way to get something that matched. I need to go find a box for it to keep it out of sight!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Kami, that skirt *is* cute!

A little late, but I finally got the photos of my friend's wife in the maternity dress I made.

DSC_1758.jpg
DSC_1776.jpg

Is she not the most precious thing you've ever seen!? :D

LD

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Here are some action shots of my green dress that I posted about a month ago! I wore it to the Big Bang Hangar Dance at the Vintage Flying Museum in Fort Worth last night. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I got lots of wonderful compliments, and I felt extremelly confident!

This is Hollywood 1236-- a 1943 pattern by my best guess :
CIMG1324.jpg

On the hanger:
CIMG1329.jpg

And on me:
megan004.jpg

megan022.jpg

megan015.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member