Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Kamikat- Both those blouses are lovely.
palespider- That dress look great on you and I love the fabric.
HomesteadHattie- I love the pockets on that skirt.
Cute dress RockHorror. Did you use a vintage pattern?

Here is my latest.
the dress is from a 1945 McCall Pattern and the and the bolero is from an early 40's Advance pattern, I overlapped the tulip sleeves the wrong way but I was to lasy to fix them.
2e3c80044e61.jpg
a901f60a76ed.jpg
c8b33f6381f7.jpg

il_430xN.150352348.jpg

HomesteadHattie

New in Town
Thank you for posting the pic of my skirt, CRWRITT! I'm still not sure what I was doing wrong.

Anyway, the pockets are ginormous and VERY helpful for grocery lists, pens, etc. And the white jumbo-size piping makes me happy every time I look down and see it.

The pattern looked to me to be from the early '50s, and there was a super old note in it; don't you LOVE when that happens? It was from a woman who mailed the pattern to her sister and asked her to make up the skirt in black, and to change the zipper to a side zipper. She complained that it's so hard to find any good skirts in "this town!" I wish I knew what town she was talking about.

crwritt

One Too Many
HomesteadHattie said:
Thank you for posting the pic of my skirt, CRWRITT! I'm still not sure what I was doing wrong.

Anyway, the pockets are ginormous and VERY helpful for grocery lists, pens, etc. And the white jumbo-size piping makes me happy every time I look down and see it.

The pattern looked to me to be from the early '50s, and there was a super old note in it; don't you LOVE when that happens? It was from a woman who mailed the pattern to her sister and asked her to make up the skirt in black, and to change the zipper to a side zipper. She complained that it's so hard to find any good skirts in "this town!" I wish I knew what town she was talking about.

I love the stories a pattern can tell. She's talking about Anytown USA, I think.
Here's what I did to get your pic to come up. (I do it wrong sometimes too)
Left click on the picture, click "copy image location", then come to the message screen click on the little picture of a mountain. delete the
http at the top of that box and press control v.

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
BoPeep said:
Made a cotton bathrobe for summer with some great novelty fabric I got on clearance . . . . the scallops didn't turn out as dramatic as I'd hoped, but it's comfy. Although with the fitted bodice, it looks better when I wear a bra! lol
IMG_2471.jpg
bubblegirl.jpg

4331.jpg

Oh WOW! I absolutely love that fabric! How perfect for a bath robe!!!

Bettys Closet

New in Town
Oh my gosh DPD, that is so cute! love the shape of the neckline and the buttons... oh t he buttons!

I just finished a couple of shirts for my gent.

Click here to see

deadpandiva said:
Kamikat- Both those blouses are lovely.
palespider- That dress look great on you and I love the fabric.
HomesteadHattie- I love the pockets on that skirt.
Cute dress RockHorror. Did you use a vintage pattern?

Here is my latest.
the dress is from a 1945 McCall Pattern and the and the bolero is from an early 40's Advance pattern, I overlapped the tulip sleeves the wrong way but I was to lasy to fix them.
2e3c80044e61.jpg
a901f60a76ed.jpg
c8b33f6381f7.jpg

il_430xN.150352348.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I had alot of fun making that dress and I love the buttons.
Bettys Closet, I really like the shirts you made and I hopw you post ictures of the knitted shurg when you make it. That pattern is wunderful.
Lady Day, lovely work as always. I am working on a linen dress in red and navy with buttons down the side. I am getting pretty okay at buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes