Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
goldwyn girl said:
Lady Day...What is wonder under ??

Wonder Under - Regular weight paper-backed fusible web for use on medium to lightweight fabrics. Wonder Under is a fusible adhesive which is applied to a release paper. Wonder Under bonds fabric to fabric, or any porous surface, including wood and cardboard. It is faster and easier to use than glue. Machine washable or dry cleanable.

Machine stitchable
Fuses easily in seconds
Fabric maintains a soft textile hand after fusing
Great for apparel, home decor and craft projects

I-801.jpg

You buy it by the yard like interfacing. Its great stuff.

LD

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
The beautifull stuff made me overcome my lazyness and I finally finished my sailor-pants that I wanna wear this summer...

Since I allway buy something on the way home from work I allways had to stuff things in my bag or buy uuuuuuuuugly plastic-bags. I made me a little emergency-bag to take with me in my actual bag from some scraps and left-over material....

Front:

Back (I know the little extra-bag is not really straight, but I had that bag laying around for 6 months and badly wanted to finish it today....)

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Our dear ShooShooBaby suggested I make a skirt with patch pockets red top stitching and a front kick pleat out of this fabric....

I met her half way ;)

front-17.jpg

LD

Lady Day your amazing!! Just looking at all the clothing you post makes me tired lol but then your an inspiration! Can I ask which pattern this came from? I'm love it I think it is adorable

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
Thanks Joie. All but one pattern I ever knitted was vintage. I have never had any trouble with them. Maybe I am just used to vintage?

Hmmm.. I'm guessing that there are some differences in terms or some such. If I can figure out what's hanging her up, do you mind if I PM you and ask a couple questions??

Joie

Sunny

One Too Many
I finished my Lady Adventurer outfit!

The excuse was going to see Indy IV. I posted more info and another pic on the Lady Adventurers thread; click the picture to see!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
fluffy-tiger, the bra's are amazing. I will have to find a pattern to make my own. I havn't been doing much sewing lately, mostly house stuff but I did want to show this dress
MADE.jpg

Which was from this pattern
B4512.jpg

Wow-GG! Well done!

Is the fabric vintage? It looks so!

Just beautiful. You wear it well!

Snookie

Practically Family
Sunny said:
The excuse was going to see Indy IV. I posted more info and another pic on the Lady Adventurers thread; click the picture to see!

I read the details on the other page, and realized I've made that blouse pattern too! I really like this pattern, it's so flattering! I like seeing the same pattern made up in different fabrics. I used a rayon crepe, hope the blouse is visible in these pics:
21awards5.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

Great job as always, Sunny! Did you wear your outfit to the movie yet?

Sunny

One Too Many
Snookie said:
I read the details on the other page, and realized I've made that blouse pattern too! I really like this pattern, it's so flattering! I like seeing the same pattern made up in different fabrics. I used a rayon crepe, hope the blouse is visible in these pics:
21awards5.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

Great job as always, Sunny! Did you wear your outfit to the movie yet?
Oh, yes! Glad to see that the sleeves are full for you, too. I was wondering how much of it was due to the stiffness of the linen. :D You're a braver woman than I, to sew with rayon crepe! It looks lovely. What did you do for shoulder pads? I haven't done that yet, and I'm unsure about whether to use lightweight shoulder pads or the layered stiffening that the instructions describe.

Yep, I sure did! I wore it the Friday it came out. (No midnight showings for me!) The pictures were taken right after I got back, hence the slight weariness of the model. :D

Snookie

Practically Family
I love big sleeves and big collars, and I think yours looks good, not too big at all. Rayon crepe is easy, it's really not very slippery, and I do like how the gathers are little softer with it. (Plus I only paid $2/yd for it, so it wasn't a big investment!)

I never end up getting around to doing shoulder pads, but I wouldn't do full shoulder pads, just the "sleeve stiffening". My vintage blouses have that, it's only in the sleeve cap (doesn't extend onto the shoulder seam at all) and just helps those gathers to pouf out.

You look very fresh in your picture, were on your way out the door! Lookit how wrinkle-free your skirt is, after hours of sitting! :)

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
Oh my Goldwyn Girl! You look just stunning in that dress, well done :eusa_clap

I love the bag and the shoes as well, very well put together.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Oh GG! I love your dresses! I need to get on the tiki boat! Where on earth can I find fabrics like that. I never seem to see any at JoAnn's.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Miss Dottie, thank you, no the fabric is new.

Sunny, Fabulous, I love it.

A little something I ran up
100_0250.jpg

You so are my idol on this forum Ggirl. *sighs wistfully to self and dreams of being a strawberry blonde*

Where oh where did you find that fabric from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner