Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Oh girls, you are making me blush, thank you all for the lovely compliments. It means a lot to get such positive feedback. The fabric's I've used for all these dresses I bought on my trips back home to Australia. And to keep on the Hawaiian theme this is a two piece set I made a while back and just dug it out today after the move.
100_0251.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ow, make it stop

goldwyn girl said:
Oh girls, you are making me blush, thank you all for the lovely compliments. It means a lot to get such positive feedback. The fabric's I've used for all these dresses I bought on my trips back home to Australia. And to keep on the Hawaiian theme this is a two piece set I made a while back and just dug it out today after the move.
100_0251.jpg
You're hurting me, I LOVE GREEN!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:

What a killer colour that is! And be warned I am currently donning my bathing suit ready to swim across the sea to steal that purse from you :) !! It's wonderful........

epr25

Practically Family
The outfit is wonderful but what about those SHOES?

goldwyn girl said:
100_0251.jpg

leaette

A-List Customer
oh goldwyn girl....the jealousy is just oozing out of me! love everything about that green dress picture. i have a purse similar to yours (yours is cuter than mine though) and when i use it, i always get at least one person to compliment it.

i wish i had a better figure to wear dresses like that. sigh

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Thank you all :eek: AllaboutEve I'll keep a refreshing drink ready for you. The red dress is view C from this pattern. I believe it is out of print but there are a few on ebay at the moment.
b54e_1.jpg

Thanks GGirl, I just bought the Simplicity pattern from Ebay I'll need to decide on a fabric now. Did you use a regular dress weight fabric for yours or was it a heavier weight quilting fabric?

(ps thanks for the drink!lol )

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This is a black linen dress with red pipping based on Simplicity 1892. I moved the opening to the front, added facing and buttons.
2554602400_97d00ae6d9.jpg

2554656338_595d15b54f.jpg

This one is a Hawaiian halter dress using the halter top from Simplicity 0517 and the high-waisted skirt from McCall's 9158.
2553771647_9a2bcf9bef.jpg

2554590874_824714a932.jpg

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
This isn't the best picture, and my face looks all messed up cause of the camera, but I love how this turned out. It's navy blue and has two fake pocket flaps on the front...Except everyone kept addressing me as the first lady all night, it was a little presidential.

untitled-3.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
You know, one of these days I'm going to have to kidnap a few of you US gals and set up a mini sweat-shop in my basement where you will toil night and day to make me the perfect wardrobe...

Goldwyn Girl - you're in trouble, you too Pink. Sleep with one eye open kamikat ;)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
AllaboutEve, I used a dress weight, polycotton. I want to see your finished dress.

kamikat, lovely as always, you choose such cute patterns.

ValerieAmelia, very elegant.

Pink Dahlia, such a pretty fabric, looks great on you.

MissHannah, :eek: lol lol lol

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MissHannah said:
You know, one of these days I'm going to have to kidnap a few of you US gals and set up a mini sweat-shop in my basement where you will toil night and day to make me the perfect wardrobe...

Goldwyn Girl - you're in trouble, you too Pink. Sleep with one eye open kamikat ;)

If I got a free trip to London out of it, I would do it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael