Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Inky

One Too Many
Amy - that is really beautiful - you are an amazingly fast seamstress and especially for having recently started on your sewing experiences - you are one heck of a fast learner!

kamikat - i love that dress on you - and the fabric, well, it's terrific!!

My beloved 1938 Featherweight freaked out on me this weekend and something is not right with the bobbin base that I cannot figure out - so I have to hunt down an experienced Featherweight repair person - hopefully through a local quilt shop as we don't have any sewing machine repair shops in our tiny town. Thank goodness I have kept my 1986 Kenmore workhorse handy. But it's totally bizarre to sew on that after not having used it since at least the early 90's - it's HUGE in comparison!

Lorena B

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
I found it quicker than I thought, I made view C

b54e_1.jpg
Absolutely stunning. I have a top like that and i decided to give it myself a go just tracing it and adding a skirt.
The fabric i am using is also flowery but yellow.
Do you mind if i turn into a copycat??;)

zendy

A-List Customer
I made this last week, now all that's left is to finish the belt. It is from a vintage vogue. Has removable cuffs(not shown) and collar so that you can make a bunch of different colors and patterned ones and switch up your dress without making a new one.
2009_0607spatsnblatz0026.jpg
2009_0607spatsnblatz0025.jpg
2009_0607spatsnblatz0027.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
zendy said:
I made this last week, now all that's left is to finish the belt. It is from a vintage vogue. Has removable cuffs(not shown) and collar so that you can make a bunch of different colors and patterned ones and switch up your dress without making a new one.
2009_0607spatsnblatz0026.jpg
2009_0607spatsnblatz0025.jpg
2009_0607spatsnblatz0027.jpg
Very cool!!

julia

New in Town
Lorena B said:
Well, i have been feeling the crafty mood lately and this is what i have made:
Some hair pins:
DSC00864.jpg

A jumper:
DSC00888.jpg

And a 40's style dungarees:
3322PR.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

Ufffff!!!:)

I love those dungarees! Any chance you could send me a copy? I have some 40's 50's 60's and 70's patterns if you're interested mostly in sizes 10-16.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I finally made a crinoline. I love it! I used my serger to gather the tiers so it was super easy. The bottom tier is 40m. Tada!
DSC02149.jpg

And here it is with my first circle skirt. I decided to do the hem by hand. It wasn't as hard as I imagined it would be.
DSC02147.jpg

Haha, you can see my reverse french manicure....

LadyStardust

Practically Family
You all are so talented and SO productive! Everytime I visit this thread it seems like there are at least 5 new pages of handiwork! Well done, all of you, it is so wonderful to keep up with your incredible creations and be inspired!

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Lovely!

You're crinoline looks great and that circle skirt is made out of FANTASTIC fabric! I love the pattern! I do love a good hand-hemed skirt, as well-- it just looks so lovely. Easy, but time consuming. GREAT JOB!!!

MarieAnne said:
I finally made a crinoline. I love it! I used my serger to gather the tiers so it was super easy. The bottom tier is 40m. Tada!
DSC02149.jpg

And here it is with my first circle skirt. I decided to do the hem by hand. It wasn't as hard as I imagined it would be.
DSC02147.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Man, I just went way back in this thread to see if I was smart and posted a link for the directions of a peasent blouse I made that I got the directions on line for.....So of course, I didnt. lol. Now I'm going to have to redo it by poor memory.

Lorena B

Practically Family
julia said:
I love those dungarees! Any chance you could send me a copy? I have some 40's 50's 60's and 70's patterns if you're interested mostly in sizes 10-16.
Hi Julia, yes, if you want we can post your patterns in the pattern swap thread so we can see with patterns you have.
Send me a pm with your details and we will go from there ;)

Lorena B

Practically Family
MarieAnne said:
DSC02149.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

MA, that is soo lovely, i still need to give the crinoline a go. Is nice to see how it turns up after someone decides to make one.
Good job, and the same goes for the skirt!! hemming by hand is a long process, well done you!!

zendy

A-List Customer
OH ME TOO!

Lorena B said:
Hi Julia, yes, if you want we can post your patterns in the pattern swap thread so we can see with patterns you have.
Send me a pm with your details and we will go from there ;)

I also would love to do a pattern swap for a dungaree pattern. I can't PM yet, i guess since I'm a nooby and am unsure how many posts I need. But i'm willing to trace out and send( to keep) any of the patterns I have available. I'll be posting them in the swap shortly.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Well this is my latest creation. I must thank Goldwind Girl for being the source of inspiration.
I didnt have a pattern for this one but i do have a top like it so i just traced it.
The skirt is from a pencil skirt pattern.
In the pics still needs to be pressed so do excuse the creases.
I must say i cant wait to wear it in two weeks for the Rockabilly Rave in UK!!!
DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner