Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Grrreat skirt.

I LOVE doing that, tearing apart old/unusable projects to refashion them into something else. I love problem solving and that kinda thing makes my brain work overtime.

LD

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Jenniferose7 said:
I love everyone's photos!
Here's the infamous Walkaway Dress. Pardon the wrinkles. I made a number of tweaks to make it fit better.
10432_1232301969906_1299867013_6740.jpg

[/IMG]

great colours/material combination jennifer....xx

wouldnt stay clean long on me though!! xx

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone! I can't wait to wear it but I think it will have to wait 'til next season. It was supposed to be done for an event in June but I got so busy that it was put on the backburner. I love the fabric so so much. I don't know if you can tell but it's mermaids swimming around and I think it's a kaufman print. I had to resit the urge to buy up all the other colors the seller had.

Lorena B

Practically Family
My sweet good baby geee:eek: , Lauren, what an amazing petticoat!!! is gorgeous!!! love it love it love it!! and please, do note, i havent worn one again since i was 19.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks so much, gals! :D It was really fun to make- I kind of want to make another one! I guess I should actually make something to wear with it, though, huh? I think you're right- it would actually be fun to wear alone. Maybe if I make an orange slip it would be fun around Halloween with some pointy black shoes.

Countess

New in Town
Vintage inspired blouse

I'm admiring so many of these creations, and here is my latest one which I finished today. It's vintage-inspired, so not from a vintage pattern. It's Simplicity 7219 but I liked the scalloped hem and the neck line and I had some kitsch fabric that was screaming out to be used.

I've never actually tackled a top before - I normally make simple-ish dresses and skirts but this was quite basic as a starter and I'm pleased with how it came out.http://www.flickr.com/photos/lyndseygreen/3931878970/

I tried adding the image but it was having none of it, so apologies for the url *blushes*

zendy

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap button back blouses are my favorite. I think that this is quite flattering on you and you should make more in a variety of colors.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
I've always been afraid of making a button-backed blouse as I don't know how I would get all the buttons done up! [huh]

Countess

New in Town
Thank you for the compliments. *smiles*

sixsexsix - I was a little nervous for exactly the same reason! I used buttons which are about 1.5cm or so, so that they're quite hefty to grab hold of when I do some sort of weird contortionist manoeuvre with my arms around my back. I think I need to work on a more ladylike approach to fastening those buttons! :D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
14ecb8fe53da.jpg
dae040780ee9.jpg

A dress I made. I wish I would have used better fabric. The skirt is cut in the bias and should drape beautifully but the fabric is super stiff and cheap.

744dfef10a47.jpg
de2fd81b0059.jpg

Another dress I made which is going to become a skirt. I tried to grade the pattern up one size and the bodice and sleeves are huge.The color turned out not to be flattering either.
f9052fd777b4.jpg

A blouse I made. It just needs button holes.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Everyone is making such lovely things!
DPD, pretty dresses, even if you aren't completely happy with them. We learn something from each project, even if just mistakes.
Countess, great work on your first blouse!
Lauren, I'm stunned by that petti! I love the orange and black!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran