Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

analiebe

A-List Customer
ladies...
thank you so very much for your compliments on my work... it means a great deal as i'm self-taught and pursuing 'the dream' (to eventually be able to design & make fulltime) has been a life-long struggle... the age old (and rather boring) artisans story of time-poor or money poor, not wishing to compromise an aesthetic and the occaissional creeping wonder as to if i'm actually completely deluded about my abilities...
so its wonderful to get such a positive response - it is truly inspiring

analiebe

A-List Customer
thank you lovely lady day... my craft is still supplemented by a $$ job but i'm ever inching closer to the day i'll be able to spend all my time creating, designing & making and oh! what a wonderful day that will be! :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
#1 -- Thanks to those who complimented my last dress I posted here.

#2 -- Everybody else's things: :eek: :eusa_clap :eek: :eusa_clap :eek: :eusa_clap :eek::eusa_clap :eek:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
analiebe said:
thank you lovely lady day... my craft is still supplemented by a $$ job but i'm ever inching closer to the day i'll be able to spend all my time creating, designing & making and oh! what a wonderful day that will be! :)

Well then Im jealous. Seemingly every step I take puts me two steps behind. :eek:

LD

Inky

One Too Many
all of you have been making such lovely things - i wish i had the time!! but yes, finally, there was actual sewing last week and I made up the Simplicity 4044 pants in a mid-weight denim I had around the house

3940580197_3b4d56c026.jpg

They turned out a bit too loose in the waist, and I think a teeny bit too high. Next time smaller in the waist and lowered down about half an inch or so. I think I am going to add suspenders to this pair.

A black pair will be coming as soon as I find the right fabric!

Inky

One Too Many
thank you kindly, ladies one and all :)

I am so lazy I just made these without any alteration from the pattern (and of course, this why I need to alter them, lol).

Any suggestions for a good black pair? I don't want wool, or black denim or twill. I'd like a nice gabardine but I may have to order that on-line. anyone know of a good washable gabardine for trousers?

Vanessa

One Too Many
Another rush job ensemble - this one created in 5 days for an 1870s picnic I attended yesterday at the Banning Museum in Wilmington. It's made of white organdy & trimmed with lace edged ruffles of the same & silk ribbons. The parasol is also a new project - I recovered it in pink silk taffeta to match the ribbons on my gown.

DSC_5877.jpg

DSC_5855.jpg

DSC_5851.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
Another rush job ensemble - this one created in 5 days for an 1870s picnic I attended yesterday at the Banning Museum in Wilmington. It's made of white organdy & trimmed with lace edged ruffles of the same & silk ribbons. The parasol is also a new project - I recovered it in pink silk taffeta to match the ribbons on my gown.

WOW Vanessa - five days? that's amazing and beautiful - I love your attention to detail in recovering the parasol!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Inky -- I don't think they are too high. I think they are a perfect vintage height.

Vanessa -- :eek: :eusa_clap (my new thing I do when there are no words!)

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I guess I forgot to post these, but seeing the pants above (P.S. I love yours!) reminded me!...this is what I wore the first day of school, it is a pair of shorts I've been working on throughout August. It is actually a modern pattern, that comes with an option to make a skirt, short or pants. I'm quite pleased, although I did make a few little changes, and had a few issues (like the person above, I found it too big in the waist). The buttons are my favorite...they are little longhorn skulls on sheriff stars!
3912409210_acf873b3a8_o.jpg
3912409200_c673ccd3da_o.jpg
3912409186_c59095457e_o.jpg
2654.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I finished my halloween kitty dress tonight! Yay!
kittydress1s.jpg

And here's a petticoat/slip I made from a 90s prom dress. My new floofy petticoat showed through with the stripes so I thought gold polka dots would look cute. I just got this shirt this week, too, from a little vintage store around here. I look so much like my mom in this picture it's scary.
polkadotskirts.jpg

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I made the same pants as Inky, in denim, but also in a very washable poly rayon glen plaid. No photos yet though.

I also made some white linen sportswear for the Gatsby picnic. This is the 1932 shirt patten from VPLL.org, and a heavily altered modern patten to simulate a 1932 skirt. I am slightly obscured by a fellow FLer, but here it is:

8234_1111861209449_1614453204_30350367_5530407_n.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo