Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
This is actually for a blog post I am working on.. but here is my latest failure in pants.... HUGE crotch... the rise is sky high.. [huh]
4090767717_a0b988373d.jpg

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
Funny pic :)
Most vintage slacks are cut like that to give that amazing drape.
I think they look cool. Have you hemmed them yet?

LD

yeah they have a wonderful drape if I am standing straight as a board. If I bend at all they get weird and billowy.... i dunno.. they have a mega crotch lol

I hav enot hemmed them yet, contemplating a cuff, not sure

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
OH WOW. That pattern is amazing. I'll have to keep my eyes out for that one.
That's pretty standard in vintage pants. I usually shorten mine 1.5" to 2" in the rise. Don't feel bad- 'tis normal. And pants that early are supposed to be pretty baggy. If you look at the butt in the middle picture, it's got lots of drape.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Oh yes.....

You should -see- the trousers to my vintage pj pattern.....

Lauren can attest....its just so very 'hammer time' that its laughable...we just didn't have time to adjust the pattern to fix it, but now I am set on the red satin billow pants front...lol

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Yes, these pants are very HAMMER. oh my.
I now know that I need to re-draft them witha shorter crotch region hahaha. Thank fully the pants are very long so I should be able to take up the crotch without effecting the wear of the jeans.

I just wish I didnt waste 2 yards of denim :rolleyes: ;)

SayCici

Practically Family
I don't think you should cuff them! I think because of the drape and lowness of the crotch the cuff might have a shortening effect? I think they'll look great once you hem them!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I just finished this....mmm berret? lol
From my looking for beenie pattterns, to the beenie patterns I found totally suck worthy (not anything I'd give to a guy, am trying to make a couple for a friend for Christmas).
Its late-ish, just finished and have showered and removed most traces of makeup and curls....so I'm looking kinda blah.
2009-11-09225350.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Miss Neecerie said:
Oh yes.....

You should -see- the trousers to my vintage pj pattern.....

Lauren can attest....its just so very 'hammer time' that its laughable...we just didn't have time to adjust the pattern to fix it, but now I am set on the red satin billow pants front...lol

Oh yes, and that's the way they were!
When I used to wear the vintage pants I made to work the tailor there told me I made them wrong. Trying to explain that that was just the way they were cut back then was hard. I still don't think she gets it lol
Now I shorten the crotch nearly every time. I might know it's period correct but to the modern eye it just looks weird!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
cynroux = Vintage Vogue patterns can be hit or miss. I have ones that fit me perfectly and others that are SO HUGE it's unbelieveable that that much extra room is given.

Ebones = That's how vintage pants are supposed to look lol But I hear 'ya -- I prefer the crotch a bit higher, too. The wide legs sometimes remind me of those awful "skater" jeans we wore in the 90s :eek: Hope I just didn't ruin it for you....skater jeans, MC Hammer pants lol

pretty faythe = Lovely! I wish I could make some cute 30s-esque berets! They would go great with my hair, since I'm not a big fan of hats.

SayCici

Practically Family
LD - haha, thanks! ;) I thought the rise would be uncomfortable or something, but I really like them!

MarieAnne - thank you! I used this pattern from the Vintage Fashion Library. :) They came together quite easily.

Thank you miss_smith and Lorena B! :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner